Product Owner Survival Camp
Blog: Tyner Blain
Product owners are likely to find themselves alone in the organizational wilderness. Their organizations expect them to connect the towers of long-term strategic planning with the frontiers of great new products. Iterative and incremental development of solutions can bring these two worlds together. There’s always a gap between strategy and execution – and product owners are ideally positioned to help fill that gap.
What we need is a survival guide – a set of principles, tools, and techniques; learned and applied in a two-day â€œcampâ€ with industry-leading experts in agile product management and product ownership.
Announcing Product Owner Survival Camp, USA – Cambridge MA 19-20 May 2016
Ellen Gottesdiener, Jeff Patton, and I (Scott Sehlhorst) have developed Product Owner Survival Camp USA to address exactly this challenge – helping product owners close the gap between strategy and execution.
Building on the successful program developed and delivered in Europe in 2014 and 2015, we have designed this program to serve the needs and goals of product owners. We are bringing real-world expertise in agile product management and product ownership to you in this unique, action-packed program. You will learn ways to close the gaps between strategy and tactics. You will elevate your ability to discover the right product for the right customer at the right time, and tap into your product ownership leadership capabilities.
We’ve framed out major elements in closing the gap from strategy to execution, and we’re excited to be sharing this in a two-day program in Cambridge, MA, on May 19th / 20th.
In addition to clarifying the role of product owner and focusing on the challenges you face as a product owner, you will benefit by learning to:
- Conquer the chaos of backlog bloat and story hell
- Identify and vet new product opportunities in a way that invites, excites, and involves customers and internal stakeholders
- Convert strategy to reality by prioritizing the right strategic goals to define an agile product roadmap and manage a lean product backlog
- Convince internal stakeholdersâ€”from execs to engineersâ€”why your investment choices are valuable and feasible
- Overcome requirements confusion and conflict by holistically exploring product options and making transparent decisions
- Lead teams and stakeholders toward shared product outcomes through dynamic collaboration
The Product Owner Survival Camp USA (POSC-USA) program provides you with essential skills to deliver high-value products. You will explore and practice powerful ways to align and collaborate to co-create valuable products that embrace the disciplines and philosophy of Agile/Lean product discovery and delivery. Evolve from surviving to thriving!
Join us in Cambridge, Massachusetts on May 19-20 for this unique two-day learning experience that combines the best features of a conference and a training class.
Registration is now open. For more information, visit http://productownersurvivalcampusa.com/