Presenting Windows Workflow Foundation
Presenting Windows Workflow Foundation is a premium reference that provides information on a key part of WinFX, providing universally accessible and consistent workflow technology for the Windows platform. Windows Workflow Foundation delivers an API as part of WinFX and a workflow designer hosted in Visual Studio 2005.
The Windows Workflow Foundation supports development of both sequential and state-based workflow involving both human and system interaction. Sequential workflow is a map of activities that may be in series or parallel. State-based workflow is a state machine where events cause transitions. Rules can be specified that drive decision making in a workflow and can be updated easily at runtime. Workflow can be created as a model and executed inside many host applications including Windows Forms, console applications, or Web applications.
- Key Scenarios that can be developed with Windows Workflow Foundation include:
- Document management: The steps involved in the review and approval of shared documents or other content.
- Line of business application: The processing flow or business logic in an extensible part of the application.
- Website page flow: The flow of state variables between web pages.
- IT management: Handling of common systems management processes.
- Decision making logic: Where complex business logic is well described by a sequential or state diagram.
- Consumer: A common series of steps for consumer PC usage.
Download the source code from the book at www.samspublishing.com