Performance Management: A Pocket Guide for Employee Development
Organizations realize that their most important asset in achieving success is their people. Performance Management is a pocket guide for attracting, developing, and retaining talented employees.
New features include:
– Newly added chapter on developing a performance plan that gains employee’s commitment
– Many new real-world performance management examples from government, manufacturing, service, and health care
– Detailed steps for applying each phase of performance management
– Additional competency model specifically for leaders in a Lean organization
– This guide provides supervisors, work groups, and human resource professionals with easy-to-use processes and forms for planning, appraising, and recognizing performance. Learn how to effectively set measurable goals, build competencies, coach and mentor, conduct performance appraisals and recognize accomplishments.
– Setting clear performance expectations
– Creating competency models
– Providing 360° feedback
– Coaching to build confidence and commitment – Conducting constructive performance appraisals
– Resolving performance and attitude problems
– Providing meaningful recognition