Ethical hacking with Python – Tools, Types, Career
These days, Python is a popular language among hackers. The availability of pre-built tools and libraries, which facilitate hacking, is the cause. In fact, the language is suitable for ethical hacking since smaller scripts are required for ethical hacking, and Python meets this requirement.
The subjects we’ll be talking about are listed below:
- What is Ethical Hacking?
- Types of Ethical Hackers
- Why Python is required for Ethical Hacking?
- Python Libraries for Ethical Hacking
- Scope and Career in Ethical Hacking
Check out the Video for Ethical Hacking Course
Let’s dive deep into the above-mentioned topics:
What is Ethical Hacking?
Ethical hacking, also known as penetration testing, is the technique of breaking into computers and other electronic devices lawfully in order to evaluate the security of software, networks, and data. You may easily create ethical hacking tools as a Python developer, which will increase the effectiveness and efficiency of your scripts. Technology and hacking tools are only a part of the puzzle. There are occasions when ethical hackers are classified as “penetration testers.” Penetration testers search for security flaws in online systems, networks, and web-based applications, according to Cyber Degrees. They deploy a number of techniques, from inventing and building their own tools to using social engineering, to break into systems.
Are you interested? Check out Intellipaat’s Ethical Hacking Training Certification Course and enroll now!
Types of Ethical Hackers
- Ethical Hacker (White hat): A security hacker who gains access to systems with the goal of addressing the found vulnerabilities. They might also carry out vulnerability analyses and penetration tests. The majority of the time, the organization forbids the user from testing it. They illegally access the website and alter or steal information from the admin side. They are just concerned with themselves and the benefits they will derive from using their personal information for their own financial gain. By changing the functions, they might seriously harm the business and increase the likelihood of its demise. This might possibly have very serious repercussions for you.
- Cracker( Black Hat): A hacker who uses illegal access to computers to further their own interests. Typically, the goal is to steal company information, violate personal privacy rights, move
money from bank accounts, etc. Here, we search for flaws and ethically notify the company about them. Black Hat has the right to test for and report flaws on a network or website as users. White hat hackers typically obtain all the knowledge they require from the corporation itself about the application or network to test. Before the website goes live or is uploaded, the website is attacked by malevolent hackers, who employ their skills to test it.
- Grey Hat: A hacker who falls between black hat and ethical hackers. He or she enters computer systems without permission with the intention of finding holes and disclosing them to the system owner. They occasionally gain access to the data while breaking the law. They frequently work for the greater good, unlike Black hat hackers, who never have the same intentions. The primary distinction is that black hat hackers do it discreetly for the company, whereas vulnerability is exploited publicly by them.
Why Python is required for Ethical Hacking?
Python is an extremely useful programming language for cybersecurity professionals because it can act as multitasking cybersecurity functions, including malware analysis, scanning, and penetration testing tasks. Python is often recommended as the first language people new to cybersecurity should learn because of its wide use and minimal learning curve. Python skills can be applied to big data, artificial intelligence, smart device development, ethical hacking, web development, and testing. It is open-source, object-oriented, and equipped with excellent libraries that may be used to create both hacking applications and other kinds of extremely useful programs. Python is a very popular programming language that is simple to learn.
Go through these Ethical Hacking Interview Questions and Answers to excel in your interview.
Python Libraries for Ethical Hacking
- Python-nmap: A Python module called Python-nmap makes it easier to use the Nmap port scanner. Nmap is a tool for network management and security inspection. Although it can be used to look at a single host, it is often used to find hosts and services that are accessible on a network.
You may easily access, use, and control the Nmap tool’s capabilities and capability in Python by using the python-nmap package, which acts as a python wrapper for the Nmap utility. The library merely offers a way to communicate with the Nmap program; it does not attempt to replace it.
- Cryptography: Python programmers can find cryptographic recipes and primitives in the Cryptography package. This contains cyphers for block and stream cyphers as well as encryption, hashing, random number generation, signatures, and cyphers.
It offers a higher-level API to low-level cryptographic building pieces made with performance in mind and cryptographically robust techniques like digital signatures. This capability is used by ethical hacking to encrypt and decrypt private data transferred over the internet.
- IMpacket: Python classes for interacting with network protocols are included in Impacket. The library’s current emphasis is on offering support for TCP/IP, several higher-level protocols, and low-level socket programming. It is a Python package that streamlines the creation and decoding of network packets for programmers. Impacket aims to simplify network programming for Python programmers and offer a framework for the implementation of unique protocols.
- Requests: Queries is a Python HTTP package that makes it simple to send HTTP/HTTPS requests. When building Python scripts that need to connect with web services, the requests module is a very practical and adaptable tool.
It provides an easy-to-use interface for managing HTTP requests and responses. The library can be used for a variety of tasks, including scraping websites and submitting straightforward API queries to retrieve complex data.
- Faker: A Python library called Faker creates fictitious data. It can produce fictitious writings, bibliographical entries, XML documents, names, phone numbers, and addresses, among other things. Utilizing Faker is pretty simple. Simply call faker.name() or faker.address() to get a fake name or address, respectively.
It has numerous additional functions for producing false data. You could wish to utilize Faker for a variety of reasons. You might want to remain anonymous online by using fictitious credentials or addresses, or you might need to fill a database with false information for a prototype.
This Ethical Hacking Tutorial will help you learn Ethical Hacking from scratch.
Scope and Career in Ethical Hacking
- Specialists in Data Security: Aspirants for the position of data security specialists design and carry out security assessments of software and hardware systems. They shield the system against online assaults with an annual salary of INR 9,96,315.
- Security Executive in Application: The experts who certify the secure design and development of IT Applications are the application security specialists and executives. They assist developers in adhering to a secure SDLC process and are a member of the cyber security team with an annual salary of INR 8,40,000.
- Security Auditor: The financial systems of the company are subject to inspection and investigation by the security auditor. They examine and evaluate security policies and controls as well. Together, they work with the company’s managers, executives, and IT specialists with an annual salary of INR 11,10,000.
- Certified Programmer in Security: An expert who builds computer programs to protect computer systems and data is known as a security certified programmer with an annual salary of INR 6,30,000.
- Manager in Web Security: Web security managers are in charge of planning, putting in place, and maintaining security controls to protect the data. They must keep an eye on all activities and infrastructure in order to maintain the security of their company.
We hope by now you have a good understanding of what ‘Ethical Hacking’ is and why it is and its libraries are important. In this blog, we have also talked about the scope and career in Ethical Hacking. This blog also urges more and more people to use ethical hacking with python and leverage its benefits. We have discussed In-depth the role of Python in Ethical Hacking which has gained a lot of popularity in the past decade. We hope this blog provides some tips for beginners enabling them to better utilize their skills and tackle some real-world problems.
For more information on Ethical hacking, visit our Ethical Hacking Community
The post Ethical hacking with Python – Tools, Types, Career appeared first on Intellipaat Blog.