Business Process Management for Technology Professionals: Leading IT Executives on Creating Strategic, Efficient, and Flexible Frameworks (Inside the Minds)
Business Process Management for Technology Professionals provides an authoritative, insider’s perspective on establishing BPM strategies within the IT department to maximize productivity and performance. Featuring technology executives from leading companies across the country, this book addresses key topics such as prioritizing tasks, evaluating processes, implementing frameworks, and preserving organizational agility through lean business practices. From evaluating new and existing technologies to communicating with vendors, these executives share their insight on the considerations necessary for successful process automation. Additionally, these authors discuss the potential pitfalls of BPM, such as excessive rigidity, overreliance on technology solutions, and failure to adequately prepare employees for change, and give suggestions for overcoming these challenges. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the leading technology minds today, as these top executives offer their thoughts on applying business process management strategies to drive the success of the IT department and the company as a whole.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Joseph M. Tait, Chief Information Officer, Lydall Inc. – “Prioritize, Optimize, Automate” Strategies for Improving Existing Workflows”
2. Timothy Pitzer, Senior Vice President, Theatrical IT and Operations, Rentrak Corporation – “Control Lightly, Audit Tightly: Business Process Management That Enables Adaptive Change”
3. Jorge S. Cerda, Vice President, Information Technology, Seattle Genetics – “Introducing Efficiencies and Maximizing Technology Capabilities”
4. Adrian Newby, Chief Information Officer, Senior Vice President of Strategic Technologies, CrownPeak Technology – “Helping Others Embrace New Ways of Doing Business”
5. Alfred Mendes, Senior Vice President, Information Technology, Martignetti Companies – “Setting the Stage for Continuous Improvement”
6. Brian S. Loken, Executive Vice President, Chief Information Officer and Director of the Business Information Services Division, Greenleaf Trust – “The Three C’s: Client, Candor, and Collaboration”
7. Mike Lamb, Former Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Jensen Distribution Services – “Working Across Departments to Develop Successful Business Process Management Strategies”
8. Della Coffelt, President, Coffelt Consulting – “Business Process Management for Distribution”
9. Scott Mills, Vice President of Global IT, Conservation International – “Using Business Process Frameworks to Improve Effective Management in a Global Organization”
10. Peter F. Weis, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Matson Inc. – “Building BPM Disciplines Into Your IT Strategy”