5 Ways to File Documents Electronically
Blog: iDatix Blog
As humans, we tend to be creatures of habit. Once we discover one way to do something, we stick to the same method forever, even if there are better alternatives. It may be a certain route we take to work or the process we use when paying our bills. Sometimes these habitual behaviors even cost us time or money, but we still won’t give them up. Today, we’re going to provide you with some options for uploading documents, just in case there’s a better way for your organization to submit documents to DocuPhase. What you do with the information is up to you.
In 2017, DocuPhase will be presenting a series of educational webinars, sharing tips, tricks, and insider knowledge with our clients and partners. With our first webinar, which is about the different ways of getting documents into your document management system, we hope to be able to assist users in exploring different methods of doing their work, in the hopes of saving them time and money in the future. Our webinar will highlight these five methods for electronically filing your documents:
- ScanDox – Many users of the DocuPhase document management software begin their journey with ScanDox. This application allows users to upload and index documents from their computer or network or to scan them in using a physical scanning device. Like other methods, ScanDox may be used as part of workflow automation. It can kick off your preconfigured robotic process automation, or it can simply be used to store documents within the document management system.
- Capture tab – The capture tab is part of the DocuPhase interface. If you use the capture tab, you don’t have to leave DcouPhase and launch a separate program (ScanDox). Once within the capture tab, you can drag & drop documents from your computer or network. In DocuPhase 6.1, you can even sync your email account and navigate your inbox, choosing which messages and attachments you wish to bring into the document management system.
- Emailbot – As you take robotic process automation a step further, you enter the world of Bots. Software robots (or Bots) can be configured to perform tasks automatically, with or without user intervention. DocuPhase can use workflow automation Bots to monitor an inbox for specific emails & add them to DocuPhase automatically.
- mCapture – We live in a time when you can use mobile apps to do almost anything, from shopping to dating. Your document management software offers a mobile app as well! It’s called mCapture. This app allows you to upload on the go. You don’t have to wait to get back to the office before submitting files to the document management system. This is especially useful for salespeople who are frequently on the road and for companies using workflow automation because it reduces the time spent waiting for certain documents to initiate or continue workflows. (Please note, Version 6.1 is not mCaputre compatible at this time.)
- iForms – Many are familiar with the idea of electronic forms, or eforms, already. If you’ve ever filled out a form on a website requesting more information or subscribing to a newsletter, you’ve filled out an eform. DocuPhase allows users to create eforms (which we call iForms) that can be used internally or hosted online anywhere. Eforms may be used to initiate workflows. For example, an internal form that is available only within the DocuPhase interface may be available for employees to submit support tickets, setting off a workflow that helps users to get their issues resolved. Eforms that are hosted on the internet, or web forms, can be used by people outside of the organization. Your organization may use web forms to collect information from people who would like to receive literature or who wish to be contacted by a member of your sales team or customer service team. Web forms and robotic process automation are a great way to take your document management software to the next level by incorporating other tools.
For more information like this, we hope you will check out our series of educational webinars. Click here to schedule a free custom demo of our document management and workflow automation solution.