Your Enterprise Needs A Cloud Data Platform. It’s Time To Act Now
Blog: Indium Software - Big Data
A Cybersecurity Ventures forecast estimates the total amount of data stored in the cloud to be in the region of 100 zettabytes by 2025, and account for 50 percent of the world’s data at that time, as against around 25 percent in 2015. The total global data storage is expected to cross 200 zettabytes by 2025.
Data has become central to business growth as leaders are relying on insights garnered from them to make decisions rather than follow their gut feel. However, businesses are also facing the problem of plenty. As Forrester points out, a siloed approach to data is preventing businesses from leveraging the insights data can provide. Often the insights are merely jigsaw pieces generated by the different teams following different approaches that fail to come together and do not provide a holistic view.
According to another report, more than 90% of enterprises find access to data a key reason for the failure of their analytics programs. To break the silos and provide denormalized and enriched data, scalable transformation is essential.
Wait! SaaS Creates Its Own Silos!
This need for data, and especially after the Covid-19 pandemic, has led to the acceleration of digital transformation projects with businesses migrating to cloud to modernize their applications. However, despite this, businesses often find that the silos have returned! This is because the focus is to drive productivity through business process automation and enhanced workflows. The transactional data generated is also attached to the specific workflow, because of which the data gets locked with the different SaaS providers who use their own products for the purpose. As a result, businesses still get only limited value from their data.
SaaS apps enable businesses to lower costs of ownership by enabling pay per use, help resolve business problems as well as enable continued automation. But they do not allow integrating data from different sources or provide solutions for ingestion, transformation, modeling or visualization. This results in the creation of data silos on your cloud platform as well. This lays stress on the need for a software asset management that allows data ingestion and centralization of all data, including from SaaS providers, so that changing vendors will not affect data extraction later. This will also ensure a solution where the data from the SaaS applications is easily unified for analytics and facilitates data-driven decisions on scale.
This requires a cloud data platform that allows you to integrate data from across your different cloud applications to give a unified view across the enterprise.
Cloud Data Platform for Integrated Data
Data availability and speed are crucial for your business. The key features that you need to look for in the cloud data platform you wish to migrate to include:
- It should be cloud-built, or what is called as cloud-native.
- The data platform provider should use its own product such that data can be operationalized across all functions.
- The data platform should have built-in connectors with SaaS platforms to provide a single seamless data experience for all the SaaS-generated data.
- It should support reverse ETL, which means that there should be a seamless push and pull of data between the platform and the SaaS solution.
- The data platform should ideally include a data marketplace to allow the ingestion of external data from open and commercial data sets that complement internal data to enable enrichment and increase its value.
A cloud data platform integrated with a SaaS platform enhances the ease of use, security, and governance of data, making data from SaaS highly available and reliable with a minimum manual intervention team. Such a cloud data platform that integrates data from across business workflows and applications provides a single source of truth for a global data-driven strategy.
Indium Software Approach
Indium Software, a Big Data, Cloud, Data and Analytics company, has successfully implemented several migration strategies and is an implementation partner for Snowflake. Snowflake is a cloud data platform that ensures data integration for a holistic view of enterprise-wide data to improve data-driven decision making.
Our team of cloud and data experts work closely with our customers to understand their migration needs, their business goals and align the strategy to provide a solution that ensure outcomes. For instance, an international banking and financial services firm offering full-fledged internet banking for a large number of customers across the globe required a cost-effective storage solution for the vast amounts of data it had accumulated. As a result, it decided to move all the data from its local database to the cloud , while limiting direct access to the database.
A contactless payment service provider in South East Asia providing support to public transit networks and other domains in their country, had issued more than 40 million payment cards. As huge amounts of transactions were processed daily, they needed to move from their on-prem Oracle database to the cloud. They needed real-time access to data to understand operations and customer needs to improve customer service.
Indium Software helped both the customers migrate to the cloud by tailoring the solutions so that they could meet their specific objectives and achieve growth.
Indium’s approach to cloud ensures:
- Cost control
- Disaster Recovery
- Faster implementation
The Indium approach to the migration process includes:
- Recommend and implement infrastructure solutions based on the customer’s data requirements and convert CAPEX into OPEX.
- Create bespoke solutions to meet business objectives by leveraging appropriate data points.
- Setup the appropriate Extract, Transform & Load (ETL).
- Provision real-time, near-real-time and batch processes to make the data available in a timely manner.
- Configure and deploy data visualization reports and dashboards by leveraging the data for effective BI.
- Implement and integrate machine learning, AI and other predictive models using this data to keep businesses one step ahead.
- Help customers build, deploy and maintain enterprise web and mobile applications on the cloud, thereby reducing their CAPEX.
Our managed cloud services enable scheduled scaling, autoscaling, containerization or predictive scaling. Our range of services include:
- Cloud Advisory
- Cloud Operations & Management
- Cloud Migration & Modernization
- Cloud Native Application Development
- Cloud Testing
To create your own cloud data platform, contact us now:
The post Your Enterprise Needs A Cloud Data Platform. It’s Time To Act Now appeared first on Indium Software.