What is Low-Code Automation and How Could it Benefit You?
Blog: Bizagi Blog
What is Low-Code Automation?
Low-code automation is a means of automating business processes that requires little coding, making it easier for non-technical business users to get hands-on with automation projects and decreasing reliance on developers and software engineers.
Forrester Research describes low-code automation platforms as “Application development platforms that enable rapid application delivery with minimal hand-coding, and quick setup and deployment.”
can help development teams work faster and increase enterprise-wide software
production by empowering “citizen” developers.”
The low-code market is set for rapid growth. Gartner predicts that low-code application building will make up more than 65% of all app development functions by the year 2024 and with about 66% of big companies using a minimum of four low-code platforms.
What are the benefits of low-code automation?
- Ease of use – As users do not require an in-depth knowledge of software development, it’s easy to get to grips with low-code and can be used throughout the business, without relying on skilled developers.
- Empower citizen developers – The software
can be used enterprise-wide without the need for IT intervention, which means
users can create their own automated processes to aid their work.
- Save money – Costs can be saved on
initial training, and money doesn’t need to be spent on hiring skilled developers
who demand a high salary. Additional cost saving can be also be seen from the
faster time to market and a solid ROI.
- Improve productivity – Intuitive features like drag and drop interfaces means it takes less time to build processes and allows users can see results fasts.
- Ensure best practice and compliance – Templates play a large role in low-code automation, so providing best practice for users to follow when building and automating processes means they will be created in a compliant manner.
- Improve agility – The simple approach
building and amending processes means you can make agile changes to process
without having to worry about changing complex code. This helps to keep up with
regulatory changes, adapt to market changes or respond to customer needs.
What is citizen development?
Citizen development allows business users to use low-code or no-code software to create their own business processes and applications. Thanks to the ease of use of low-code platforms, business users with no prior coding experience are able to create their own processes without relying on support from IT.
“500 million new apps are going to get created in the next five years. Think about that, that’s more apps than in the last 40 years… When you think about this challenge of 500 million applications, we’re just not going to have professional developers to build these applications, so we need citizen developers.” – Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO
According to a 2019
Gartner report, 61% of organizations either have or plan to have active
citizen development initiatives.
How does cloud computing support low-code automation?
Cloud-based platforms have helped support a recent surge in the use of low-code platforms, as the secure, yet flexible solution allows users to collaborate across the organization. It’s easy for citizen developers to gain access to the software, and it can be scaled up or down as required with regular updates to ensure users are always using the latest version.
A key benefit of using the cloud is the ability to spin up and test new services. And if the solution doesn’t work, it can be turned off without worrying about wasting money on physical infrastructure to support the services that may or may not work. This means you can experiment with new solutions in low-code, supported by low-cost and low-risk deployment on the cloud.
Do I need a low-code automation platform?
Low-code automation platforms allow you to create and run process applications across your organization on any device, without coding.
If you want to use a low-code environment, you can use Bizagi Studio and Automation to build and fully automate your process.
- Start by creating a process diagram where you define all the steps of your process
- Define the data that will be handled by your process
- Design and build your screens for every step of the process
- Include the logic of your process through business rules
- Assign performers for each task
- Connect your process with other applications through any of the integration options
- Finally, run your process and validate everything works as expected
Once you finish this journey you can run the process in your
Cloud environment so that everyone in your organization can access and use it.
The post What is Low-Code Automation and How Could it Benefit You? appeared first on Bizagi Blog – Ideas for Delivering Digital Transformation.