Top 10 Trends of Digital Enterprise with @setrag at PegaWorld 2015
Blog: Colin Crofts - Business Process Improvement
I finished my visit to PegaWorld 2015 in the breakout session by Setrag Khoshafian, Pega’s chief BPM evangelist, on the top 10 trends for the adaptive digital enterprise:
- Context matters. Analyze and understand the information about your customers and your interactions with them.
- Connecting customers to operations. Think of your customers’ actions online as part of your business process, and implement your processes accordingly.
- The rise of things. Specifically, the process of things: devices becomes actors in sense-and-respond processes, and channels for customer engagement, across the seven levels of the IoT World Forum reference model.
- Design time blurs with runtime. Model-driven development, and moving from explicit requirements collection to having the business make changes on the fly.
- The digital executive. Making it so simple that even a C-level executive can understand it. Or better yet, finding executives that actually have a digital clue.
- Two-speed IT. Setrag talked about mapping business KPIs and value streams directly onto case phases; being able to do this using Agile model-driven development while still doing more traditional maintenance on underlying legacy systems allows for fast-tracking strategic projects.
- The database is dead, long live the database. Moving from transactional SQL-based RDBMS to the new crop of NoSQL databases optimized for big data, analytics and more dynamic applications.
- Smart enterprises avoid the app-pocolypse. Allow for native apps as well as responsive web for the most flexibility.
- The hybrid cloud. Well, that goes back to what we can really call “cloud”.
- The rise of design. Users expect beautiful design; if you don’t live up to those expectations, you degrade the customer experience and therefore your relationship with them.
He was joined by Adam Field from Pega’s technology innovation area to see some examples of what Pega is doing in mobile user experience and device management.
Fast-paced and fun view of what’s driving the digital enterprise, and a bit of how Pega is helping its customers meet those needs.