Statistics That Prove Email and Chat Support is a Must
All digital enterprises are it from e-commerce, EdTech, Fintech, or Hospitality industry is popular because they free people from bondage. E-commerce allows people to shop from anywhere, anytime, whereas Fintech apps ensure that transactions are settled in real-time and EdTech makes all the knowledge available at a click of a button.
Email and chat support are very similar to these services. Just like EdTech and Fintech, email and chat take away the bondage of time. People can connect with customer support while being in a meeting or while traveling. Unlike calling, where customers need to wait and remain on phone for a long time, email allows people to send a text and receive a resolution while they continue with their designated tasks.
Is Email and Chat Support a Thing of Past?
Omnichannel support and customer experience management are the most frequently repeated words in regards to customer support. Little do executives start email and chat are perhaps the basis of quality customer support in-fact in modern days, where people are very selective about, how they spend their time and how they reach out to brands, email, and live chat can bring path-breaking success.
Be it Amazon, Flipkart, Ola, or PayPal, all of them are leveraging live chat to help customers with timely resolution. In the internet laden world, there’s no better option than email and live chat. By optimizing the existing processes and fitting live chat in it, e-commerce, Fintech, and even food aggregators have gained momentum and garnered additional benefits like
- The decrease in cart abandonment rate
- Increased conversion because consumers are now able to make informed decisions
- Help customers locate their product/service in a better way, which controls cancellation
Statistics that Proves Email and Chat are Eternal
With email support, people can reach out to businesses during lunch and receive resolution before they reach home at the end of the day. Email is also the preferred mode because it doesn’t require customers to be active all the time. It has a much more eased process, which is perhaps the reason behind its popularity.
- A Forrester study reveals, Email is still the most commonly used digital customer service channel — 54% of customers have used email customer service channels in the last year.
- Customers prefer email support because most of them are looking for instant resolutions.
Email As A Tool for Improving Customer Satisfaction
Meticulous research on customer experience management by Glance reveals “It takes 12 positive customer experiences to make up for one negative experience”. If an enterprise relies on calling executives to drive their CSAT score, they are likely to spend thousands of dollars on employment, contact center management, and employee well-being but with email support, organizations can achieve the requisite level of CSAT within a day or two.
- A study by Glance suggests that people prefer email over calling because they don’t like waiting to get in touch with a human for support.
- Benchmark portal conducted a survey and it found “A handful of companies that respond promptly to emails command a loyal audience base and have better customer satisfaction score.
- 54% of customers used email for customer service last year, making it the most used digital channel for customer service. (Forrester)
Live Chat: The future of Customer Service
Talk to an industry expert and you will find they keep getting back to Live Chat as the key to quality customer service and facilitating decision making and this is just the beginning. Live Chat is so popular because unlike email and traditional contact centers, it didn’t take years to prove its worth.
Giants like Amazon, Zomato, Uber, and Airbnb have leveraged it to help customers with problems and also assisted customers with better decision making. Here are two different cases:
Case 1: Live Chat rescues an Uber customer from a toxic driver: We all read about stories, where women relied on Live Chat feature on Uber App to seek help when they ran into toxic drivers, who were posing a potential threat.
Such resolutions have established live chat as a powerful tool that empowers both customers as well as organizations.
Case 2: In the food space, restaurant aggregators like Zomato uses live chat to help customers find out the whereabouts of their order. Customers want their food to reach them at the earliest and often they are unable to track their delivery executives because the data settings are off on the executive’s phone. Customers generally cancel orders when it gets delayed but with Live Chat, they can request agents to get in touch with delivery executives and find out, how much more time it will take in delivery.
Such effective use of Live Chat helps aggregators and even e-commerce platforms reduce the number of cancellations and product returns.
Statistics That Highlights How Revolutionary Live Chat Can Be
- Millennials prefer live chat for customer service over every other communication channel. (Comm100)
Well, millennials make up for 62% of the Fintech industry and 87% of the EdTech industry whereas e-commerce is the only space where baby boomers are spending more than millennials. If millennials prefer Live Chat overcall, then organizations need to follow suit and focus more on Live Chat.
A very educative study revealed that 75% of positions in digital organizations are filled by millennials, which makes it easier for organizations to create products that suit the target audience base.
- In the B2C sector, Live Chat is expected to grow by 150% in the coming 2-3years, while in other sectors the growth will be as much as 87%.
- According to Crazyegg, Live Chat helped over 38% of customers make a better decision with product selection.
GoDaddy, an organization that provides domain and web-hosting services has helped over a million users find the right product, coupon, and deal through Live Chat. The organization also offers a service, where consumers can request call back but Live Chat remains the most preferred mode.
- Forrester noted that customers that use Live Chat registered a 48% increase in revenue per hour. The same study also noted that Live Chat can help online platforms improve conversion by up to 40%.
- 45% of all customers who used Live Chat agrees that they are never going to use any other mean for getting in touch with businesses.
The element of instant gratification and the fact that live chat works like a guiding light makes it the most popular and preferred mode of customer support of recent times. In the coming times, all organizations that offer online solutions will be coaxed to have a Live Chat feature on their platform.
The quote “The only constant is change” is perhaps the most accurate saying for the customer support industry. Customers demand to keep changing from time to time and organizations need to pace their adoption rate to keep up with the changing dynamics.
In the modern age, where customer experience can make or break a brand, enterprises cannot afford to ignore the email or live chat option. Take it a cue from e-commerce, food aggregators, and the EdTech industry and implement a similar tool and improve conversions by 40%.
The post Statistics That Prove Email and Chat Support is a Must appeared first on MattsenKumar.