OIC – Oracle Field Service via REST by Niall Commiskey
Blog: PaaS Community
Yes, there is an Oracle Field Service Adapter in OIC and yes, it provides compelling functionality in respect of common use cases, such as the one described in the OFS adapter documentation – This scenario describes the interaction between the Oracle Field Service and an application that receives and processes alerts for municipal services.
• A municipal employee receives an alert on the municipal services monitoring application indicating that there is a natural gas leak near a busy downtown intersection.
• The municipal employee creates a work order to dispatch a service team to the site. All details necessary to locate the natural gas leak are included in the work order.
• The municipal employee saves and submits the work order on the municipal services monitoring application.
• The work order is sent to the Oracle Field Service Adapter.
• The Oracle Field Service Adapter creates a matching activity in Oracle Field Service and returns the activity identifier to the municipal services monitoring application to allow the progress of the work order to be monitored. Read the complete article here.
For regular information on Oracle PaaS become a member in the PaaS (Integration & Process) Partner Community please register here.