Mobile development is hard…but there’s hope!
Blog: Appian Insight
- Bob! How are you?
- Well, we’re looking to hire some mobile engineers. Gotta get that mobile app done!
- Been there…How’s that working out for you?
- Ugh! I can’t find anyone that works out. They’re either too expensive or only have experience in one mobile OS.
Mobile development is hard.
Finding people that know how to do it right?
Many organizations struggle to achieve digital transformation because of the lack of appropriate resources. Mobile developers are few in numbers, command high salaries, and seem obsessed with Silicon Valley.
Furthermore, traditional mobile development is not only expensive, it’s time consuming, too!
- How many Mobile Operating Systems will you support?
- What about device specific considerations?
- How will you handle different versions?
The list is daunting. Additionally, many organizations find their mobile needs are but one part of a much bigger picture. As I mentioned in a previous blog post, it’s never just about the Mobile App.
So how are organizations tackling this issue?
The Low-Code Revolution
Low-Code platforms are revolutionizing the way organizations can meet their IT and business goals faster and with fewer resources than ever before.
In the Mobile space for example, Appian has helped many organizations create branded, native mobile applications on both Android and iOS without writing even a single line of code.
Analysts agree. Forrester coined the Low-Code Platform concept. Gartner has been writing about Rapid Mobile App Development (RMAD) for a few years now.
The fact remains: Mobility is high on the agenda for many enterprises. Defining a mobile strategy is important, and leading Low-Code platforms, like Appian, are ideally suited to help you meet those needs. The right Low-Code platform not only empowers organizations to create and maintain applications that adapt to the fast-paced, ever-changing demands of users, it also can do so without an added need to look for those hard-to-find, expensive mobile developers!
Want to learn more?
Join us July 20, at 11:00 AM EDT for a live, 60-minute webinar, “Low-Code: Your secret weapon for Enterprise transformation.” Featuring Forrester analyst Clay Richardson, this is a session not to be missed if you want to know more about the Low-Code Revolution.
Date: July 20, 2016, 11:00 AM EDT
Attendees will learn:
- What’s driving the emergence of the low-code market
- Why BPM technology has reached a game-changing crossroads
- How low-code technologies can scale to industrial-strength
Who should attend:
- Business leaders driving major change initiatives
- IT leaders charged with delivering more with fewer resources
- Process professionals, business analysts and enterprise architects
Director of Product Strategy