Change connection in the Integrations: Oracle Integration Cloud by Ankur Jain
There is the situation where we are required to replace the connection in the integrations. Integration cloud doesn’t allow to change the connection from the integration canvas directly. So in this blog, we’ll demonstrate two ways to solve this problem which will help us to easily switch the connection in the integrations.
Before we proceed further, let me explain the use case where we may require to change the connection in the integrations:
- Let’s suppose we have 10 integrations which are using the single DB connection and the name of the connection is DB_Conn. Considering, in the DB_Conn, we had configured the standard DB schema called apps. Later we realize the 5 integrations should not use standard schema to compile the package or procedures and should use some custom schema (custom_user). Then, in that case, we will have to create one more DB connection with the different name and configure custom_user and then use the DB connection in these 5 integrations.
- We want to clone the integration and in the cloned integration wanted to use different connection
- We are migrating the integration which uses one REST connection with name REST_Sample but we have REST connection on the different instance with a different name called REST_Conn
Below limitation need to keep in mind before we replace the connection
- The integration should not be in locked or activate state
- Only the connection of the same adapter type can be replaced. For example, if we have an integration using the REST adapter then we can’t replace the connection of the SOAP adapter type. Read the complete article here.
For regular information on Oracle PaaS become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.