Agile Application Lifecycle Management: Using DevOps to Drive Process Improvement
Integrate Agile ALM and DevOps to Build Better Software and Systems at Lower Cost
Agile Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) is a comprehensive development lifecycle that encompasses essential Agile principles and guides all activities needed to deliver successful software or other customized IT products and services. Flexible and robust, Agile ALM offers “just enough process” to get the job done efficiently and utilizes the DevOps focus on communication and collaboration to enhance interactions among all participants.
Agile Application Lifecycle Management offers practical advice and strategies for implementing Agile ALM in your complex environment. Leading experts Bob Aiello and Leslie Sachs show how to fully leverage Agile benefits without sacrificing structure, traceability, or repeatability.
You’ll find realistic guidance for managing source code, builds, environments, change control, releases, and more. The authors help you support Agile in organizations that maintain traditional practices, conventional ALM systems, or siloed, non-Agile teams. They also show how to scale Agile ALM across large or distributed teams and to environments ranging from cloud to mainframe.
- Understanding key concepts underlying modern application and system lifecycles
- Creating your best processes for developing your most complex software and systems
- Automating build engineering, continuous integration, and continuous delivery/deployment
- Enforcing Agile ALM controls without compromising productivity
- Creating effective IT operations that align with Agile ALM processes
- Gaining more value from testing and retrospectives
- Making ALM work in the cloud, and across the enterprise
- Preparing for the future of Agile ALM
Today, you need maximum control, quality, and productivity, and this guide will help you achieve these capabilities by combining the best practices found in Agile ALM, Configuration Management (CM), and DevOps.