Activiti in Action: Executable business processes in BPMN 2.0
Activiti in Action is a comprehensive tutorial designed to introduce developers to the world of business process modeling using Activiti. Before diving into the nuts and bolts of Activiti, this book presents a solid introduction to BPMN 2.0 from a developer’s perspective.
About the Technology
Activiti streamlines the implemention of your business processes: with Activiti Designer you draw your business process using BPMN. Its XML output goes to the Activiti Engine which then creates the web forms and performs the communications that implement your process. It’s as simple as that. Activiti is lightweight, integrates seamlessly with standard frameworks, and includes easy-to-use design and management tools.
About the Book
Activiti in Action introduces developers to business process modeling with Activiti. You’ll start by exploring BPMN 2.0 from a developer’s perspective. Then, you’ll quickly move to examples that show you how to implement processes with Activiti. You’ll dive into key areas of process modeling, including workflow, ESB usage, process monitoring, event handling, business rule engines, and document management integration.
Written for business application developers. Familiarity with Java and BPMN is helpful but not required.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
- Activiti from the ground up
- Dozens of real-world examples
- Integrate with standard Java tooling
Table of Contents
- Introducing the Activiti framework
- BPMN 2.0: what’s in it for developers?
- Introducing the Activiti tool stack
- Working with the Activiti process engine
- Implementing a BPMN 2.0 process
- Applying advanced BPMN 2.0 and extensions
- Dealing with error handling
- Deploying and configuring the Activiti Engine
- Exploring additional Activiti modules
- Implementing advanced workflow
- Integrating services with a BPMN 2.0 process
- Ruling the business rule engine
- Document management using Alfresco
- Business monitoring and Activiti
- Managing the Activiti Engine