3E’s Approach toBusiness Process Management Solutions
1. 3E’s Approach to Business Process Management Solutions 3E SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS 24, CMH Road, Indira Nagar II Stage Bangalore, Karnataka – 560038, India +91 9916 832 878 email@example.com
2. 1 Requirements Gathering
3. 1.1 High-Level Business Requirements 1.1.1 Current process/IT Environment 1.1.2 Planned Process/IT Environment 1.1.3 Metrics and Objectives 1.1.4 Functional Gap Analysis 1.1.5 Compliance Requirements
4. 1.2 Elaborated Technical Requirements 1.2.1 Integration Requirements 1.2.2 Legacy Systems 1.2.3 Human and System interfaces 1.2.4 Existing Errors 1.2.5 Data Compatibility and Data Conversion 1.2.6 Deployment Requirements 1.2.7 Interoperability 1.2.8 Internal and External consumers 1.2.9 Consumerization and BYOD requirements 1.2.10 Social Media Integration 1.2.11 Business Activity Monitoring 1.2.12 Business Rules Management 1.2.13Technical Gap Analysis 1.2.14 Tools Evaluation
5. 2 Design and Proof of Concept
6. 2.1 Process Diagram for the new WORKFLOW/PROCESS MANAGEMENT System The step is about coming up with: -High-level business process diagram that outlines the business process flow with the Planned WORKFLOW/PROCESS MANAGEMENT System. -High-level technical design for the Planned WORKFLOW/PROCESS MANAGEMENT System.
7. 2.2 Prototype Development If the Business Process is complex enough, development of a quick Prototype, with necessary Simulations, is carried out that helps in fine-grained analysis of the requirements and help identify any technical gaps that were not identified during requirements gathering. If multiple tools (WORKFLOW/PROCESS MANAGEMENT/SOA) are used for the implementation, the integration of these tools is also tested during this Prototyping and Proof of Concept phase to analyze the end-to-end process.
8. 3 Implementation
9. 3.1 Prioritization Prioritize the implementation tasks as per the Business and Technical significance and challenges. For example, integrating a legacy database System could be technically challenging and implementing this first in the WORKFLOW/PROCESS MANAGEMENT System could benefit a lot compared to keeping this to the end. Replacing the tasks that are currently done by Spreadsheets may fetch in a lot of value and fills a lot of gap with the SMART objectives that are desired to be achieved.
10. 3.2 Functional Implementation Implement the Functionality and develop a new WORKFLOW/PROCESS MANAGEMENT System that works end-to-end, with all Human and System actions supported. This is done as per the priorities defined as above, and elaborating the requirements to-the-details for each outcome.
11. 3.3 Implementing SMART Objectives Once the Functional Implementation is in place, it is now about looking at the SMART objectives to see where we are and what else needs to be done. Is the Database access speed enough to meet the desired level of Business Process efficiency? Is any fine-tuning needs to be done? Do we need to increase the size of the Database pool? Are the service components on the Application Server scalable to the Business Requirements? What are the typical Load scenarios and how do we fine-tune? If the Automatic notifications are now being sent to the Business user, is the notification frequency good enough? Do we need to increase this notification frequency to fit exactly into business objectives? What’s the optimal frequency?
12. 4 Testing and Deployment
13. 4.1 Development Testing End-to-End testing is carried out in the Test environment. GOAL: Verifying and Validating the Functionality. This is followed by a typical feedback and bug-fix cycle.
14. 4.2 System Integration Testing (SIT) Ensure End-to-End testing is done with all the business systems integrated. GOAL: Identify any integration and interoperability gaps. Issues, if any, will be fixed and will be validated after a quick ‘Development Testing’. Works with Business IT on any organization procedures to be followed for SIT.
15. 4.3 Deployment & User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Production components will be replaced in steps to reduce the risk. It again goes with the level of change being implemented. GOAL: Identify any production deployment issues. Works with Business IT on any organization procedures to be followed for SIT. Identified Business Users/Analysts will perform the UAT.
16. 5 Transition – Documentation, Training, Support
17. 5.1 Documentation 5.1.1 Technical Documentation Modelling and Architectural Diagrams Technical Implementation Details Information on handling modifications and extensions 5.1.2 User Documentation End-User material. 5.1.3 Installation Information on Deployment Information on Configuration
18. 5.2 Training 5.2.1 General User & Power User Training To enable the Business team of the organization handle the business operations using the WORKFLOW/PROCESS MANAGEMENT solution deployed. 5.2.2 Developer Training To enable the IT team of the organization handle the WORKFLOW/PROCESS MANAGEMENT modifications and enhancements post Support phase. 5.2.3 Trainer Training Typically required for the big or multi-site organizations. May take care of only User Training or Developer Training or both.
19. 5.3 Support Enables smooth transition of the WORKFLOW/PROCESS MANAGEMENT solution post deployment. 3E team handles Technical Administration & Operational modifications/enhancements. On-Site and Off-Shore support is identified as needed and SLAs are defined wherever applicable.
20. 3E SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS 24, CMH Road, Indira Nagar II Stage Bangalore, Karnataka – 560038, India +91 9916 832 878 firstname.lastname@example.org Thank You