3 Ways Data Virtualization is Evolving to Meet Market Demands
Blog: The Tibco Blog
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Why is data virtualization so popular today?
More industry leaders are implementing data virtualization as part of their data integration strategy than ever before. Data virtualization technology has steadily evolved over the past fifteen years, so why has interest suddenly spiked?
Because modern data virtualization solutions are proving incredibly valuable to data consumers, IT, and technical teams.
- New capabilities are allowing companies to enable business-friendly data, faster provisioning of new data, and self-service data access.
- With the rising interest in self-service data discovery, these capabilities are attracting business users and enabling them to find and build their own views across disparate data sources.
- Technical teams are also benefiting from data virtualization as it reduces IT costs, enforces access controls for better governance and security, and supports data demands across the business.
To realize these benefits, more companies are looking to data virtualization. Below is a more in-depth look at the three major areas where data virtualization capabilities are evolving to meet growing market demands.
Data virtualization and self-service capabilities
Organizations are now seeing a rise in a new class of citizen data scientists and citizen data engineers who use self-service analytics tools. But their demands for data to access and consume can be overwhelming, requiring a data virtualization solution that gives them faster access to data while maintaining security and governance controls.
TIBCO® Data Virtualization includes several new self-service capabilities, including:
- A self-service web user interface that gives users the ability to rapidly create and publish their own views that are fine-tuned to best fit their needs. Users can create personalized views that will then be available for consumption by third party downstream apps.
- Data catalog functionality allows the users to search and find available data. Users can therefore gain a full understanding of what data is available for their consumption, on cloud and on-premises.
- With new virtual views, business analysts, data engineers, and developers can create datasets, perform complex SQL queries to manipulate data, and then publish the result set. Using a drag and drop feature, users can do so with limited or no knowledge of SQL.
- An intuitive and updated layout ensures users can easily understand what they’re looking at and overall understand how the view was originally defined before making any updates.
Accelerating cloud migration with data virtualization
Most organizations are looking to move to the cloud, but this journey can be complex and opens up new challenges. While some hold the common belief that moving to the cloud will eliminate your data silos, most organizations face even more data silos in the cloud. Moving to the cloud actually increases a company’s data integration requirements.
And while there are several data integration approaches, data virtualization is the best option. Data virtualization can help organizations integrate cloud data silos and ensure a smooth, rapid migration to the cloud.
So, before you get started on your journey, make sure you can answer the following questions:
- What are the top data challenges to migrating to the cloud?
- What are the requirements to simplify data access?
- How can data virtualization accelerate this migration?
Data virtualization: a security layer for analytics
While enabling business users with self-service features may be a priority, businesses must strike the right balance between strong security and business agility. As data volume, variety, and complexity grows, requirements around compliance, protecting data assets, and mitigating risks becomes an increasingly important part of every data management strategy.
With TIBCO Data Virtualization, organizations can gain a unified view of all the data and a single consistent software layer for enterprise-wide data security management. This enables business and IT agility, inspires confidence, and increases productivity. Business users gain confidence in data, and IT benefits from better control and easier management of this critical enterprise asset.
To learn more about how to leverage data virtualization as a security layer for your analytics, check out this whitepaper.
The future of data virtualization
Every organization yearns for consistent, well-governed data that is easy to access and use. To achieve this, more businesses are turning to data virtualization and driving greater business value from their data.
Organizations are seeing a rise in a new class of citizen data scientists who use self-service analytics tools, requiring a data virtualization solution that gives them faster access to data while maintaining security and governance controls.
Click To Tweet
Ready to do the same? To get started on your data virtualization journey, head to https://www.tibco.com/products/data-virtualization and begin laying the foundation for faster, smarter decision making.
The post 3 Ways Data Virtualization is Evolving to Meet Market Demands first appeared on The TIBCO Blog.