Why we built an app and why we got featured as best app in the Apple store
Blog: MD*: The Model-Driven Star blog
It took years, countless hours of work and conceptual effort by a good bunch of people, but last December we delivered our flagship app Fluxedo to the Apple Store and Android Play Store.
And yes, we got featured as best new app in the Apple store.
This was a great surprise, for several reasons:
- we built Fluxedo with cross-platform, non-native technologies
- the UX was pixel-perfect wrt the Google material design guidelines
- we didn’t advertise, push or apply any PR techniques on the app
- detailed studies of UX, feedback from user panels, and expertise in usability
- maniacal care on the implementation issues, performance, and testing of features
- solid data management architecture
- long-term research underneath the concept of the app (as apparent from various scientific publications that feature the technical aspects of the product: we got papers accepted at BPMS2 2012, MobileSoft 2015, ICWE 2015, and SLE 2015)