What you should know about BPM
Any industry must realize that the end to end processes deliver value to its customers, the work end-to-end is critical because it involves all the business manages to cross functional boundaries, such efforts are needed to deliver full value customer oriented.
What is BPM?
“Business Process Management” BPM is a disciplined approach to identify, design, implement, document, measure, monitor and control automated business processes not automated, using this set of actions approach aims to achieve consistent results that are aligned with the strategic objectives of the organization.
BPM focuses on end to end processes, customer value, and the nature of multi-functional work, focusing on business results, creating value, and taking the organization to fulfill its business objectives with greater agility. That is BPM provides three key benefits to a company: Efficiency, effectiveness and agility.
A number of basic and fundamental concepts that define BPM, they describe its scope and application in an organization:
- BPM is a management discipline and a set of enabling technologies.
- BPM addresses work from end to end and distinguishes between sets of threads, tasks, activities and functions.
- BPM is a continuous and ongoing set of processes focused on the management of an organization from end to end business process.
- BPM includes modeling, analysis, design and measurement of business processes of an organization.
- BPM requires significant organizational commitment, often introducing new roles, responsibilities and structures of traditional functionally oriented organizations.
- BPM is a technology-enabled tools for visual modeling, simulation, automation, integration, control and monitoring of business processes and information systems that support these processes.
BPM Life Cycle
During the life cycle of BPM, the transverse processes needed to invoke and integrate pr · good industry practices, models and standards (BABOK, COBIT, PMBOK, CMMI, ITIL, to name a few). Informationn technologies provide the means to automate the proposed solutions in effective and usable systems.
Implement BPM is a major initiative involving commitment, resources and expertise of management, as well as roles and multidisciplinary teams. Act equally on the two fronts of the BPM initiative process improvement and cultural change involved. It also means having clear business objectives, in order to establish KPIs that help monitor the performance of these objectives, which will be designed for efficient processes in the productive life cycle of the organization.
Proper implementation of the BPM methodology permits:
- Organizational processes make a business strategy for the achievement of objectives.
- Understand and identify if the performance of existing processes (process As Is) are suitable or not to support business needs.
- Designing effective processes (Process To Be) which will achieve strategic business goals and expected outcomes.
- Implement (institutionalized, automate, control, continually optimize) improved to yield the result required by the business processes.
Have identified the objectives for your business strategy? Discuss and share this post, subscribe if you wish to receive articles like this one.