What for BPM?
What for BPM?
To answer this question it is necessary to know what BPM. In short, Business Process Management (BPM) is the discipline that combines knowledge of information technology and knowledge management sciences, and applied to operational business processes. With this concept applied in real life, we can be aware of usability and service that BPM provides the daily life of an organization.
Organizations evolve around their key business processes and rely increasingly on information technology. Without well-designed processes and supporting information systems, organizations are not able to compete and will not survive.
In summary, the usefulness of BPM is that it has a solution to these processes that is known only the beginning and the end, but in the middle is an unsolved mystery. There BPM with the merger of its management architectures, processes, business and technology, reveals profitable avenues for business.
Then we can realize a little more about the utilities and the scope of BPM in industries, from the perspective of business recommendations:
- BPM or Business Process Management is a modern management methodology and not simply a technology that automates tasks for users.
- Improve / Optimize processes is not necessarily automate processes.
- Redesigning processes should be performed aligned business objectives and considering reducing certain business risks.
- Introducing technology without a clear and aligned processes and target people is doomed to failure.
- A cultural change that is gradual and slow is needed for people to be part of the management process and not a barrier.
- The ROI of a BPM project depends on the problem being solved, the expertise of the team, the technology used, cultural change, objectives and goals of the business partners, etc.
What key business processes need to be changed in your organization? Comment and subscribe by email!