Update: NASSCOM participated in the second meeting of Consultation Committee of GSTN
Blog: NASSCOM Official Blog
As you may be aware, NASSCOM is part of Consultation Committee of GSTN constituted to enable simplification of forms and business processes associated with GST and improvement in the IT System. The second meeting of the committee was organised on 14th July, 2020 to seek feedback/suggestions related to GST Portal and E-way bill Portal.
The meeting was chaired by Mr. Prakash Kumar, CEO-GSTN and was attended by Mr. Yogendra Garg (Principal Commissioner – GST Policy Wing), Mr. Ritvik Pandey ( JS- Revenue), Mr. Manish Sinha (EVP, Services at GSTN) and various industry organisations including NASSCOM.
The key suggestions put forward by NASSCOM are listed below:
- E-invoicing – Given that there is less than 3 months time left to implement e-invoicing system, there is anxiety within the industry relating to the process flow of e-invoicing in order to implement the same effectively. In this regard, GSTN informed that the revised schema along with APIs will be released soon.
- Amendment/ revision of GSTR-3B – Currently, no modification or amendment facility is available for GSTR-3B after filing the return on GST Portal. Enabling this functionality will help in accuracy in compliance in the original period itself.
- Allow amendment of invoice from Table 5 (B2C Large) to Table-4 (B2B) of GSTR-1 – Currently, there may be situations where GSTIN of customer is not available with the company and it is reported in return as B2C supply considering him to be unregistered. Later on, customer provides his GSTIN and requests to change category of invoice from B2C to B2B so that the invoice appears in his GSTR 2A and he can avail the ITC. Enabling this amendment facility will result in ease of compliance and avoid double tax burden on tax payers due to procedural error.
- Allow downloading of GSTR-1 and GSTR-2A for more than one period – Currently, the GST portal does not allow downloading of GSTR-1 and GSTR – 2A for more than one month period. Such a feature will ensure saving of efforts and will ease compliances.
- Updation of GSTR-2A on real time basis – Currently, generation of GSTR -2A is a time consuming process and is not updated on a real time basis. Enabling real time update will saving time and efforts and ease compliance.
The entire list of issues submitted by NASSCOM is available here. These issue will be taken into consideration by GSTN and will be implemented in due course of time.
Also, during the meeting, Mr. Prakash Kumar, CEO – GSTN informed that capacity upgrade and infrastructure augmentation has been done to provide a better filing experience on GST Portal, resulting in increase in user concurrency up to 3 lakhs taxpayers at one point of time. GSTN is also taking steps to further improve the user experience in filing returns on GSTN portal. This includes removal of un-necessary validations in returns forms, re-architecture of GSTR-1 processing code to reduce overheads, flow of IGST paid on imports from ICES to GST System, de-linking of credit/ debit notes with invoices in GSTR-1, etc.
We look forward to working with the Government to ensure that users have a hassle free experience while filing GST returns.
In case you have suggestions/ clarifications pertaining to this matter, please write to email@example.com
We will keep you posted on further developments in this regard.