Upcoming Process Mining Seminars
Process mining is still an emerging topic. We keep hearing that people want to learn more about the underlying concepts, and about the practicalities involved in actually applying process mining to support their process analysis and improvement efforts.
We already teach process mining in an Executive Master program at TiasNimbas Business School, and we support the education and research in process mining worldwide through our Academic Initiative. However, there haven’t been any open seminars on process mining yet.
We will make a start with that by giving a 1-day seminar on process mining in cooperation with Amontis starting from next month. The seminar will take place in Germany and be held in German1 (see the official seminar page here).
Currently, we have scheduled open seminars on the following dates:
23 May 2012
13 June 2012
04 July 2012
08 August 2012
The following topics will be covered in the course (see the German version of the agenda here):
- Introduction to Process Mining
* Root causes and consequences of a lack of process transparency * Process mining as a new method to reconstruct the real processes objectively based on event data * Differentiation with respect to traditional process analysis techniques * Which information systems provide suitable data for process mining; Minimum requirements towards the data * Positioning with respect to data-mining techniques, business intelligence, and simulation
- Practical exercise
* Hands-on session: You will be carrying out a Process Mining analysis yourself according to our instructions (bring your own laptop) * Based on real examples, we show you how typical project work with Process Mining looks like
- Theoretical background
* Overview of scientific research, in which the relevant theoretical backgrounds of the process mining technology will be presented in a compact and understandable way * Various case studies will be described concretely in their context, goals, actions, and results
- Practical methodology for carrying out process mining projects
* We present the typical phases of a process-mining project * Strategies to assess and ensure data quality * The proper handling of sensitive data and data privacy * Overview of available process mining tools (both open-source as well as commercial products) * How to integrate process mining into your current project approach, such as Lean Six Sigma, quality management, organizational optimization, and fusion or migration of IT systems
Information on the location, costs, and further details can be found at the official seminar page.
Please forward this to people you know who might be interested, and feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com if you have questions or suggestions. Thanks!
We can do similar courses in English or Dutch if there is enough interest. ↩︎