Top 10 Best Low Code Development Platforms in 2022
Blog: Think Data Analytics Blog
Explore the List of the Top Low-Code Development Platforms and Tools along with their Features:
With the dawn of the digital era upon us, businesses must adapt and pace themselves. While all businesses – big and small – understand the importance of digitizing their businesses, finding solutions through traditional methods can be quite challenging for those who cannot do so.
Low-code solutions are ideal for businesses that are just starting to implement machine learning. Not only are they easy to use, but they also accelerate the development process since you do not have to write the entire code manually. Those less experienced in data science will benefit most from low-code platforms.
With enterprise low-code development platforms, you can avoid all the troublesome hassle and create better and more efficient AI and data solutions in much less time.
What is Low-Code Platform?
Low code is basically a software development method to build applications without the need for deep coding. This method allows you to customize an application as per your unique needs in the form of something similar to flowcharts, using a visual interface.
Gartner’s latest statistics, leading global research and advisory firm, predict a 23% growth in the worldwide low code development market in 2021.
Addressing the growth of low code development, Fabrizio Biscotti, Research Vice President at Gartner, said, “While low-code application development is not new, a confluence of digital disruptions, hyper-automation and the rise of compassable business has led to an influx of tools and rising demand.”
What are Low Code Development Platforms?
By using low-code development platforms, you can avoid the usual long coding processes and create your application on a whiteboard. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about line-to-line coding and can instead design your application like a flowchart.
If you can’t choose between the available apps in the market or managing tons of documents and spreadsheets, low code is here to fill in the gap and be the third option.
Here’s how low code development is different from traditional software development.
Due to constant changes in the company’s goals and requirements, maintaining applications using traditional methods can be quite challenging. For example, you might need to add another option in an application to help a company run more efficiently. However, to do so, you’ll have to write a new code for that section.
Furthermore, once you’re done testing and troubleshooting the app, you might need to revisit and configure things that are out of sync.
Low-code development platforms allow you to manage graphic interfaces conveniently on the development platform. You don’t need to worry about upgrading your applications over time, since the platform creator is constantly updating and improving the saved interfaces, which in turn improve your website without even bothering you.
List Of Top Low-Code Development Platforms
Enlisted below are the top Low-Code Development Tools that are available in the market.
- Indium Software
- Visual LANSA
- Pega Systems
- Zoho Creator
One of Indium’s key differentiators is its outsourced low code application development and consulting services. Our low code solutions are available in both onshore offshore delivery models. Our solutions include expertise on low code platforms like Mendix and Claris to ensure lesser bugs and quick deployment.
Low code-based applications, that can be built economically and in a very short duration is the choice of business under these circumstances – whether the need is to build mobile apps, workflows, validating hypothesis from organization data, to name a few.
Indium, with its 150+ experienced low code developers, with experience across a wide spectrum of vertical & functional needs can help you further reduce time and cost, making this powerful low-code technology work for your business, so that you can keep experimenting and innovating.
LANSA’s low-code development platform accelerates and simplifies the creation of enterprise apps while making your development team more productive. LANSA puts you back in control.
- Powerful low-code IDE to create desktop, web and mobile apps.
- Build apps faster, easier and at a lower cost than traditional methods.
- Extensive testing, deployment and integration controls.
- In use by several thousand companies around the world.
- Ability to write code inside the IDE.
- Only low-code to run on the IBMi, windows, and web.
Verdict: Visual LANSA will allow professional developers to create applications much quicker than traditional coding and with an amount of control much higher than usually seen in low-code platforms.
Mendix is an American low code development platform that offers both low code and no-code development options to its users. It was designed to accelerate app delivery across the application development process.
Some amazing features offered by Mendix are:
- Customized IDE for every developer.
- Only low code platform with a built-in React Native framework.
- Use pre-defined templates simply by dragging and dropping them in your app design.
- Use APIs or pre-built connectors to extend solutions built on Mendix.
- Enhance user experience with an Atlas UI Framework to build a flawless design.
Majorly loved benefits of Mendix are its enterprise security and integration, single-click deployment, and central application management.
Mendix Pricing Plans
- You can avail of a free trial and use the Community Edition for free
- Single App Edition starts at $1,875 per month
- Pro Edition starts at $5,375 per month
- Enterprise Edition starts at $7,825 per month
While Mendix offers excellent and efficient development solutions, its price range often isn’t the most affordable for small-budget businesses.
Gramex is a low code data science platform, which holds the ability to build data and AI applications in weeks and not months. The platform is developed specifically for developers to build custom applications with the help of pre-built templates, microservices, and RESTful APIs.
Apart from being a low-code platform, Gramex comes with attractive features for developers.
- 200+ Pre-built components with 15 connectors, 25 processors, 40 visuals, and over 70 libraries.
- UI-driven configuration that requires no coding background and is suitable for citizen developers.
- Generates business insights in real-time
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to provide a simple interface to configure and add microservices and REST APIs to your application.
- Capable of building data and AI/ML applications with a significantly lesser go-to-market time.
Standard Edition will cost you $9 per user per month. A free trial is also available for this plan. The special pricing plan is available for education and non-profit organizations. You can also get a quote for bulk pricing (For more than 100 users).
KiSSFLOW- BPM & Workflow Software will allow you to create custom Apps and automate business processes. It provides more than 45 pre-installed apps to create your own business applications.
- It completely eliminates the need for coding.
- Drag and drop the facility to add and edit fields.
- Tasks and logic can also be built using the drag and drop facility.
- It will allow you to digitize your forms and requests.
Verdict: It provides the cloud-based solution which can be used by businesses of any size and from any industry.
Appian will cost you $90 per user per month for Standard Licensing. Get a quote for Application Licensing. A free trial is available for the product.
Appian’s intelligent automation platform will help organizations to build smart applications that will improve the business, customer engagement, and worker efficiency. It will ensure you about the security of your critical applications.
- Drag and Drop tools.
- It provides native AI services.
- It also offers no-code integration to AI/ML platforms through Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
- Without writing any code, you will be able to integrate enterprise data, systems, and web services.
Verdict: Appian is the provider of the software development platform. The Appian low code development platform is a combination of intelligent automation and low-code development.
Enterprises use Quixy’s cloud-based no-code platform to empower their business users (citizen developers) to automate workflows and build simple to complex enterprise-grade applications for their custom needs up to ten times faster. All without writing any code.
Quixy helps eliminate manual processes and quickly turn ideas into applications making business more innovative, productive, and transparent. Users can start from scratch or customize pre-built apps from the Quixy app store in minutes.
- Build the app interface the way you want it by dragging and dropping 40+ form fields including a rich text editor, e-signature, QR-Code scanner, Facial Recognition widget, and much more.
- Model any process and build simple complex workflows be it sequential, parallel and conditional with an easy-to-use visual builder. Configure notifications, reminders, and escalations for each step in the workflow.
- Seamlessly integrate with 3rd party applications through ready-to-use connectors, Webhooks, and API Integrations.
- Deploy apps with a single click and make changes on the fly with no downtime. Ability to use on any browser, any device even in offline mode.
- Live actionable Reports and Dashboards with the option to export data in multiple formats and schedule automated delivery of reports through multiple channels.
- Enterprise-ready with ISO 27001 and SOC2 Type2 Certification and all enterprise features including Custom Themes, SSO, IP filtering, On-Premise deployment, White-Labelling, etc.
Verdict: Quixy is a completely visual and easy-to-use No-Code Application Development platform. Businesses can automate processes across departments using Quixy. It will help you to build simple to complex custom enterprise application faster and with lower costs without writing any code.
Pega Systems is an American software company that is widely known for its innovative software designs that tend to destroy business complexity.
Key features of Pega Systems include:
- Automatic Generation of application code
- Enterprise-level scalability
- Standards-based User Interface
Pega is known for offering its users a chance to design a comprehensive application even if they don’t know how to code. From excellent tools and user-friendly layout to exceptional lifecycle maintenance, Pega is excelling in all these fields.
Pega Systems Pricing Plans
- Free Trials Available
- Contact the vendor for a quote based on your unique requirements.
Studio Creatio is an intelligent low-code and process management platform with out-of-the-box solutions and templates. Creatio Marketplace has ready-to-use apps and solutions that will extend the platform functionality.
- BPM engine to flexibly manage structured and unstructured processes.
- Low-code/no-code automation to build configurative solutions effortlessly.
- AI/ Machine learning tools to accelerate business processes, make data-backed decisions, and simplify the analytical work.
- It provides a leading UI for visual modeling.
- You will be able to build various types of apps through App wizard.
- It has features for security and administration.
- It provides features to streamline customer engagements and accelerate service delivery.
Verdict: Creatio provides handy graphics and dashboards. Your routine operations will get accelerated with the use of this tool. It will help you to manage various types of cases and regulate timelines.
Zoho Creator‘s cross-platform app builder helps to build native mobile applications faster. Create apps on the web, publish and use them on your iOS and Android devices with multi-platform access.
With over 7 million users worldwide and 6 million apps, our platform is powerful and flexible to adapt to your business needs. Zoho Creator has been featured in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms (LCAP), 2020.
- Create more applications with less effort.
- Connect your business data and collaborate across teams.
- Create insightful reports.
- Gain instant access to mobile apps.
- Uncompromising security.
Verdict: Zoho Creator provides the low-code application development platform to build enterprise applications. It involves building applications with minimal coding which drastically reduces app-development time and effort.