Shifting Gears: ER&D industry – Post COVID-19 Recalibration – Webinar on Jul 16th
Blog: NASSCOM Official Blog
If digital technologies ushered in the Ind 4.0 revolution, the COVID-19 pandemic is pushing this industrial revolution into a completely new orbit. Manufacturing has been the most severely affected of industries with the aftershocks being felt right from procurement (supply chain disruption) to production (lockdown) to sales (demand vaporization) to after sales (changing consumer demographics).
Organisations would need a radical re-think of their strategies and business models in order to adapt to a post-pandemic world. Already, there a multitude of examples of how companies across verticals have successfully adapted their ways of working in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Jaguar Land Rover: Launches car subscription service in the UK as an alternative to vehicle ownership
- Farrow & Ball: Reconfigured their manufacturing to small batch manufacturing as demand shifted from large corporate orders to smaller retail consumer orders; their web business grew from 10% pre-Covid to 50% now
- 58 Gin: Repurposed their production lines from manufacturing their hand-crafted gin to start producing large-batch hand sanitiser
- Volkswagen: It’s Zwickau plant in Germany recently manufactured its last ever combustion engine car; shifts to EVs only
As goalposts shift, we expect digital technology to play a fundamental role in this transition. We anticipate digital technology adoption to accelerate; however, we may see a recalibration of digital priorities:
- Many companies still in the PoC mode may rapidly move to commercial deployment
- We anticipate higher adoption of cloud, greater use of IoT to enable remote, contactless monitoring, accelerated use of AI/analytics for faster discovery and robotics (incl. drones) may get a leg up on the shop floor and in warehouses
It is imperative for the ER&D industry to adapt their investments in line with the way the customers are changing.
In this context, @NasscomR is organising a webinar on ER&D industry: Post COVID-19 Recalibration to explore how the future manufacturing enterprise is expected to evolve and hence, what organisation level changes will the ER&D industry need to undergo to stay relevant and competitive in this next normal.
This webinar aims to answer these key questions:
- How is doing business going to be different for ER&D industry post-Covid?
- How is manufacturing going to change post-Covid?
- What are the new R&D priorities/opportunities for different verticals post-Covid?
Date: July 16th 2020
Time: 8.30 pm to 10.00 pm (IST)
- Harmeet Chauhan, Senior VP-Industrial & Engineering Services, Wipro
- Nitesh Bansal, Senior VP and Global Head-Engineering Services, Infosys
- Ashish Khushu, CTO, L&T Technology Services
- Ajeya Motaganahalli, Chief Technology Officer, Honeywell SPS India, Honeywell
- Sidhant Rastogi, Managing Partner & Global Practice Head, Zinnov (MODERATOR)
Register here: https: //tinyurl.com/yb6bqquz