Seeking Inputs: Draft Industrial Relations Code (Central) Rules, 2020
Blog: NASSCOM Official Blog
The Ministry of labour and employment has published the Draft Industrial Relations Code Rules, 2020 (“The Rules”) for stakeholders feedback. The Code on Industrial Relations 2020 (“The Code”) have already been passed by both houses of the parliament earlier this year (read here). Below is the summary of some of the key provisions of the draft rules.
- Bi-Partite Forum. In line with provisions of Section 3(1) of the Code The Rules prescribes for the procedure related to constitution of Bi-Partite Forum required to be setup by establishments related to promote measures for securing and preserving good relations between workers and employers.
- Grievance Redressal Committee (GRC): The code prescribes every establishment having 20 or more workers to have one or more (GRCs) having equal numbers of members representing both employer and workers. The Rules now prescribes for the procedure for recruiting workers representatives.
- Standing Orders: The Rules mandates establishments following Central Model Standing Order under Section 29(1) of the Code to intimate electronically to the concern certifying officer adoption of the same. Further, the Rules allow group of establishments engaged in similar industrial establishments to submit a joint standing order in line with the process defined thereunder.
- Notice of Change: The Rules requires employer to give an advance notice to the workers prior to making any changes in the service conditions of the workers on matters such as Wages, hours of work, shift changes and other matters as mentioned in Schedule III of the IR Code in prescribed form.
- Worker Re-skilling Fund: A time of ten days have been proposed under the Rules for the employer to deposit amount equivalent to fifteen days of last drawn wages of the workers who has been retrenched towards reskilling of such workers. The amount so received shall be credited by the Government to the workers account within forty-five days from the date of receipt of such fund.
Copy of the Draft Rules can be accessed from here.
The last date of sending inputs to the Government is 28.11.2020, you are requested to kindly share your inputs with us latest by 16.11.2020, as per enclosed format.
Kindly email your inputs to Deepak Arora at firstname.lastname@example.org