Promoting Your Code by Antony Reynolds
Blog: PaaS Community
A few years ago my wife and I were honored to be invited to our friends promotion ceremony. By hard work, dedication and outstanding leadership he was promoted to a full Colonel in the US Air Force. Fortunately when promoting integrations between environments it is a lot less work.
We usually have multiple environments for our code. Some possible environments are listed below:
- Development for building integrations.
- Test for testing integrations.
- Production for running integrations.
Other possible environment might include
- QA for final acceptance testing
- Load Test for performance testing.
When promoting code between environments some key features are worth bearing in mind.
- Same code should be deployed to production that was tested – no changes.
- This is important because we want to deploy to production what we tested in development and test/qa.
- Configuration data should be separate from code – each environment will have its own unique endpoints.
- This is important because we don’t want to accidentally store production data in test or development systems.
OIC Features to Support Code Promotion
For regular information on Oracle PaaS become a member in the PaaS (Integration & Process) Partner Community please register here.