ProcessMaker Code Challenge – EmberJS
Blog: ProcessMaker Blog
1st Prize – $1,000 US dollars in pure cold cash (sent to you via paypal)
2nd Prize – iPad Mini (or equivalent Apple Gift Card if winner is located outside the U.S.)
3rd Prize – 1 year subscription to Amazon Prime
Social Media Competition Prize – 1 year subscription to Netflix.com (Must be located within a country that Netflix operates, otherwise cash equivalent will be awarded)
About The ProcessMaker Code Challenge
At ProcessMaker, we want to stimulate new ideas within our community. We know lots of you out there are using our product in cool new ways. We want to give you a way to take advantage of your expertise in ProcessMaker and earn real money and cool prizes doing so.
Social Media Competition
We will also be launching a side competition on social media.
To participate in the social media competition, you will need to do one of the following:
- Tweet/retweet on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Google Plus
Anything containing the hashtag #ProcessMakerCodeChallenge with a link to this blog post, send an email to email@example.com with the same hashtag in the subject line and a link to your social media shared post and you will be entered into a raffle to win a 1 year subscription to Netflix.com!
How To Participate
Create a SPA (Single Page Application) that meets the following minimum requirements:
- Utilize the ProcessMaker REST API.
- Login to ProcessMaker using OAuth 2.0 with “authorization_code” grant type.
- Write the SPA in EmberJS.
- Post it to Github and add the open source MIT license to it.
- Display a list of cases from a user’s Inbox in ProcessMaker.
- Must work!
How To Earn Extra Points
- Use RWD (Responsive Web Design).
- Use a Modular Design (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_design).
- Render a form designed in ProcessMaker through the REST API (the REST API returns the JSON object of the form definition).
- Save and pull data through the REST API.
Resources To Help You Win
- ProcessMaker Wiki: http://wiki.processmaker.com/
- REST API documentation: http://wiki.processmaker.com/REST_API
- Examples of other REST API applications:
- ProcessMaker IRC Channel
- ProcessMaker Forums: http://forum.processmaker.com/
Estimated Time To Complete Challenge
Yehuda Katz could do this in 2 hours, probably.
We are estimating that for everyone else, it should take no longer than 10 hours providing that they are familiar with EmberJS and working with REST APIs to complete the challenge.
How Will You Win
- You need to first register to be eligible. You can register for the challenge here: http://www.processmaker.com/coding-challenge
- You will need to put your app up on Github and have it completed by July 31, 2015
- Ethan Presberg from ProcessMaker will verify that your app is on Github and meets the minimum requirements and actually works
- If your app meets the minimum requirements, it will be announced on our blog as one of the competing apps
- After July 31, 2015, a poll will be created with all the eligible apps where the entire community will be able to vote for the best app
- The winner will be chosen by open voting via a ProcessMaker Poll on September 7, 2015
- The project that receives the highest number of votes will win
- Prizes, including the $1,000 first prize, will be issued to the winners within 2 business days
Read The Fine Print
- Cash prizes will be paid through PayPal
- Winners cannot be current ProcessMaker employees but past employees are welcome to participate!