New Logistics Capabilities in Oracle Fusion Cloud Supply Chain & Manufacturing (SCM)
Blog: Think Data Analytics Blog
Do you know that most companies around the world use Oracle Fusion Cloud Supply Chain Management in their supply chain management? Oracle Fusion Could SCM helps the organisations to improve their supply chain operations, planning and execution processes across their whole business.
It also provides a better customer experience. Oracle has added some new features to Oracle Fusion SCM to make it more efficient in business processes and functions. So to use this product, we must understand it.
To understand Oracle Fusion SCM, one must try Oracle Fusion SCM training. Let us understand Oracle Fusion SCM and go through the new logistics capabilities in Oracle Fusion Cloud Supply Chain and Management through this post.
What is Oracle Fusion SCM?
Oracle Fusion is a combination of applications that are specially designed for medium and large scale businesses. Fusion applications can be integrated with each other and can offer efficiency in business operations and functions.
Oracle Fusion applications could be used in any of the business areas like Customer relationship management, business process management, financial, procurement, human capital management, supply chain management and governance, risk and compliance.
We can install and run Fusion applications in a company’s data centre or host and run it in a cloud computing environment. We can even access some of its features and capabilities from a tablet or smartphone.
Supply chain management refers to the management of the products and services flow right from the beginning of developing a product to the consumption.
It also involves the movement and storage of the raw material, which are involved in the work process, inventory and furnished goods.
Its main aim is to relate and monitor the production, shipment and distribution of products and services.
Supply chain management uses different approaches and strategies in every step of the process for viewing the complete chain and working efficiently.
Every step in the process aims to minimise the costs and helps the companies to enhance their performance while creating stakeholder and customer values. This process also can minimise the prices by avoiding unnecessary handling, movements and expenses.
Oracle Fusion Supply Chain Management is a cloud-based product developed by Oracle. It is used in managing supply and demand. It also manages the resources, demand and material requirements.
It combines business processes taking into account the changing needs of the supply chain of modern enterprises. It allows the deployment of increasing features at low cost, with maximum flexibility and low risk.
The key elements related to Oracle Fusion cloud SCM are manufacturing, inventory, cost management, order management, planning, global order promising, pricing, shipping execution and product management.
New Logistics Capabilities:
In Fusion cloud, SCM Oracle has added some logical capabilities. The new updates of Oracle Cloud Supply chain and manufacturing, along with the updates of Oracle Global Trade Management and Oracle Transportation Management, are focused on improving the customer experience, helping the customers by reducing cost and making better planning decisions.
On-Premises systems do not provide Organisations need flexibility for running the logistics operations efficiently. New updates like Machine learning, artificial intelligence, and IoT integrated features are added to Oracle cloud SCM to enhance the efficiency of the processes in trade and logistics and improve monitoring of shipments.
Oracle cloud supply chain management supports the Organization in improving supply chain planning and execution operations and delivering a better customer experience. The new updates of Oracle fusion cloud SCM are:
- Production Scheduling: It increases the factory output by utilising the resources for different industries. It also helps the customers manage the schedules of production with the help of drag and drops features, real-time work order sync with Oracle Manufacturing and real-time analytics for monitoring the schedule performance.
- IoT Production Monitoring and asset monitoring: This feature allows the customers to monitor characteristics of their resources or assets and gets an overview of the production line output.
- Procurement Capabilities: Improve and simplify the process of obtaining goods and services with pre-bidding auction capabilities, which helps the suppliers to prepare better for negotiation, mastering the contract variables for improving contract information accuracy and the powers of expanded purchase order distribution, which will help the customers to collaborate more effectively.
- Order Management Capabilities: This feature was added to improve the user experience and productivity for order management. It also enables the users to shift to other tasks while big orders are processed in the background. It also supports fast and secure credit card payments.
- Lot split, Merge, Translate services: These services allow the customers to divide lots into small units, then merge these small lots into a big lot and translate or move them using REST and FBDI (file-based data import) to meet the requirements of partner support.
- Maintenance Work requests by Oracle Help desk: This feature improves the responsiveness and improves the maintenance of assets by allowing the employee to report facility and maintenance discrepancies related to assets easily and quickly.
- Qualify goods for Agreements related to trades: It delivers increased competitiveness and enhanced margins. Using this feature, the users can qualify the products to global trade agreements for supporting process internal transfer orders and customer sales orders.
- OTM machine learning features: they help the customers predict transit times accurately, reducing the cost related to unplanned delays and increasing the efficiency of logistics.
- Digitally connected Logistics with IoT: Outstanding integration between Oracle IoT apps and OTM allows the customers to improve deliveries and reduce costs by IoT sensor-based monitoring to track the equipment, pallets and trailers, and monitor cargo or inventory condition.
In this post, we have gone through the new logistics capabilities added by Oracle to Oracle Fusion SCM. The main objective of these capabilities is to help the organisations improve their efficiency of the processes, reduce cost, and manage the operations in supply chain management. Oracle Fusion Cloud SCM is the best cloud-based supply chain management products that can be integrated with other Oracle applications.
The post New Logistics Capabilities in Oracle Fusion Cloud Supply Chain & Manufacturing (SCM) appeared first on ThinkDataAnalytics.