NASSCOM Webinar: Government – Industry Interaction on completion of three years of GST: July 23, 2020
Blog: NASSCOM Official Blog
The Goods & Services Tax (GST) law, introduced in 2017, is the most significant reform to India’s indirect taxation system, and has operated as a One Nation One Tax framework. As we step into the fourth year of GST, there is a need to take stock of the progress made so far including the significant developments and milestones achieved in the implementation process and also chart out the way forward.
In this regard, NASSCOM is organising a webinar on “Government – Industry Interaction on completion of three years of GST”, to discuss some of the significant developments impacting the IT-ITeS sector, and other unresolved issues.
Mr. D.P. Nagendra Kumar (Principal Chief Commissioner of Central Tax, Bangalore) and Mr. Yogendra Garg (Principal Commissioner, GST Policy Wing) have kindly consented to be part of the discussion.
Details of the webinar are as follows:
Date: July 23, 2020 (Thursday)
Time: 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Registration Link: here
The broad agenda of the discussion is as follows:
- Three years of GST journey and way forward;
- Recap of key COVID-19 related GST relief measures;
- Discussion on important GST topics, including (a) intermediary issue, (b) GST on import of free of cost services (particularly software from related parties) and (c) discount vs service past circular and credit note issue thereon;
- Other issues relating to treatment of overseas group entity as ‘establishment of distinct person’, easing SEZ endorsements process for refund claim;
- Update on e-invoicing/ new GST returns and way forward
The session will be moderated by:
- Ashish Aggarwal -Senior Director and Head, Public Policy – NASSCOM
- Mahesh Jaising – Knowledge Partner of NASSCOM and Partner & National Indirect Tax Leader- Deloitte India
We request you to kindly register for the webinar.