Learning Is a Journey, Not a Race—Join the TIBCO Analytics Community
Blog: The Tibco Blog
You might associate TIBCO with racing if you follow the successes of Team TIBCO-SVB women’s cycling and the recent announcement of TIBCO’s global partnership with the 2016 FIA Formula One World Champions, Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport. TIBCO will provide the motorsport team with in advanced analytics expertise using the TIBCO Insight Platform.
This post, however, is about learning and how you can make the most of your TIBCO software. Learning is a journey, not a race, and an analytics journey doesn’t happen overnight. There is a concerted effort amongst the tech teams at TIBCO to help you with your journey. You can take advantage of some great options available to you in the TIBCO Community.
The TIBCO Community is where we have collected and keep up-to-date how-to information for our users. It has a number of interactive elements of which I would like to highlight four:
1. TIBCO Community Spotfire Wiki: This page links to how-to articles on all TIBCO Spotfire aspects you will encounter during your analytics journey―from learning Spotfire core capabilities such as data access and geo-analytics, to more advanced tips and tricks on using Spotfire in big data environments. You will come across TIBCO Insight Platform details as your interest and business applications move from visual analytics to predictive analytics to streaming analytics. You can also find useful links to get support from our professional services team or partners. If you do get a bit lost in the wealth of information, use the search option at the top of each page or return to the main Spotfire Wiki page.
2. Answers: If you have questions about any of the Wiki articles, you have the option to search the questions in the Answer section, or you can post a new question. Your questions will by answered by the community, including a team of TIBCO experts.
3. TIBCO Ideas Portal: This is where you can suggest ideas for future capabilities for our software. Your inputs are hugely valuable to us in understanding the use cases for analytics and how our tools need to evolve. Besides submitting an idea, you can also vote on existing ideas, and you will hear back from our product management team. We love great ideas from our Spotfire Community!
4.TIBCO Community Exchange: To date, we have provided 28 analytics data-functions, templates, and accelerators on the Community Exchange. These are free, downloadable components you can use with your own data, either as a starting point for an analytic application or to include in your existing application.
Learning doesn’t happen by interacting with a virtual community alone. We also create opportunities to meet you and your peers at user group meetups or TIBCO organized events.
We also regularly host live webinars specifically dedicated to learning:
The TIBCO Analytics Meetup is a live webinar in which we explain the techniques we use for building powerful analytic applications using Spotfire and the TIBCO Insight Platform. The target audience is analysts and data scientists; and the content appeals to our more advanced Spotfire users and analytics leaders. Michael O’Connell, Chief Analytics Officer at TIBCO, is the host. Often, our data scientists demo templates available on the TIBCO Community Exchange, and there is always opportunity to ask questions. We network around this webinar via the Spotfire Online user group, and once you have registered, you will receive automatic updates with agenda and registration details for the next TIBCO Analytics Meetup.
On April 25 for example, you can learn about anomaly detection, which is a way of detecting abnormal behavior. We built a template that uses an auto-encoder machine learning model to specify expected behavior and then monitor new data to match and highlight unexpected behavior. We will also show some interactive examples that demonstrate filled color contour layers in Spotfire map visualizations. One shows the spatial density of points, another shows interpolated values.
Examples of the TIBCO Community Gallery of TIBCO Spotfire Geoanalytics, Mapping and Spatial Statistics
We hold free, regular “office hours” for all Spotfire users where we answer your questions about all things Spotfire, share tips and tricks, and help you discover new powerful features you might have missed. Dr. Spotfire Office Hours are staffed by our data science team and education staff. These online events are intended for both new and expert users and focus on solving your hands-on data and analytics problems using Spotfire. The agenda is built on the questions you and your peers are posting in the TIBCO Community. There are multiple ways to post your questions to get included in the next Dr. Spotfire session:
1. Tweet your question with the hashtag #DrSpotfire.
2. Post your question to the TIBCO Community Answers section with the hashtag #DrSpotfire.
3. Contact Dr. Spotfire directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So without it being a race, if you’d like to speed up your learning journey a bit, join us today in the TIBCO Community!