It’s All About Data: Digital Transformation in Latin America
Blog: The Tibco Blog
Reading Time: 3 minutes
When I last visited Mexico City two years ago, I was impressed by the many ways large enterprises were applying technology to transform their businesses. Omnichannel customer experiences, accelerated new product innovation, supply chain optimization, and more were but a few of the examples I witnessed.
So how are things progressing two short years later? To find out, I recently met with Esther Riveroll Ponce de Leon, founder and CEO of Alldatum Business SA de CV, TIBCO’s Latin America Partner of the year, based in Mexico City.
Esther founded Alldatum in 2016 after a successful career at firms such as IBM, Oracle, and SAP. With dozens of large, digitally transforming clients, as well as her own digital transformation column on Forbes, Esther was able to share some great insights. Here is what she had to say.
Hola Esther. Let’s start by introducing Alldatum. Please share a brief overview of your firm.
“I founded Alldatum in 2016 to serve a fast-growing need here in Mexico. The concept of digital transformation was starting to take root. But as companies commenced their digital transformation journeys, they inevitably encountered problems with their data.
Simply put, their current data infrastructure, architecture, tools, processes, and staff lacked the flexibility and agility that data-driven organizations require. To get there, the firms needed new data strategies, new data management tools, and new data governance models.
At Alldatum, we help our clients fill this critical gap.”
How do you help them?
“While we are data experts, we focus on delivering business value. After all, that is why our clients are so intent on digitally transforming. That value might come delivering better customer experiences that increase engagement and reduce turnover. It might come from more streamlined processes that save money and time. It might come from product innovation that wins the next new market opportunity.
No matter their business goal, their data is often their biggest roadblock.
- First, we help them build a data strategy that will enable their transformation goals.
- Second, we work with them to identify and fill their data management tool gaps. For some it is master data management. For others it might be data quality. Across these it is important to apply an integrated approach, especially given the disruptive effect of the cloud and the growing convergence of traditional data management silos.
- And third, we address data governance with particular focus on providing necessary controls and meeting growing regulatory and security requirements.”
That sounds like a lot of work for both you and your clients. How can your clients afford to make such large investments?
“Our clients understand they have no choice if they are going to effectively compete in the digital age. So it is really a question of investing intelligently and getting rapid returns that can fund additional investments. That is why we start by developing the data strategy as that becomes the investment roadmap.
From there we select one high-value business opportunity and implement whatever data management and data governance capabilities are needed to realize that opportunity. Then we go after the next opportunity and the next, methodically building a more modern data management and governance infrastructure as we go.”
And your clients use TIBCO products within their new data-driven infrastructure?
“Yes, we use TIBCO products because our clients like how TIBCO lets them get value quickly in their initial use cases and then supports additional requirements as they expand their data infrastructure.
- TIBCO EBX is an example as many clients start with reference data management for quick wins and then take on a more-expansive customer master data or product master data challenge.
- They like the time-to-solution benefits provided by TIBCO Data Virtualization, plus its flexibility in support of their hybrid cloud efforts.
- Because data governance is so important, we are looking forward to introducing TIBCO Cloud Metadata to our clients. Its integrated data governance, metadata management, and data catalog overcome those data management silos I mentioned above.
- We also provide a specialized data quality bundle that complements TIBCO’s offers.”
It appears Alldatum has a complete recipe for digital transformation success. If Latin American organizations would like to work with your firm, how would you advise them to get started?
“In Latin America, we build personal relationships and then do business. So let’s start our relationship. Just reach out directly via the contact us link on our website.
We use TIBCO products because our clients like how TIBCO lets them get value quickly in their initial use cases and then supports additional requirements as they expand their data infrastructure.
Click To Tweet
It’s All About Data
Thank you Esther. It sounds like digital transformation in Latin America is like digital transformation everywhere. It’s all about data.