Important FAQs Related to New GST ANX-1 Outward Return Form
Blog: NASSCOM Official Blog
Effective from 1 October 2019, all the taxpayers in India need to abide by the norms of the new GST Return Filing System while filing their returns. As directed by the new return policy, there are 3 GST returns that are to be filed by the taxpayer-one is the main GST return form (GST RET-1) and the other 2 are Annexures – Structure GST ANX-1 return and Structure GST ANX-2 return supporting the details of the main form.
This new and simplified GST return system got its approval in 35th GST Council Meeting headed by FM Nirmala Sitharaman. The system first came out as a ‘pilot policy’ for the tax department to note the outcomes of its execution. It was after 30 September 2019, this new GST system got its recognition and is now applicable to every taxpayer registered under GST in India.
FAQs on New GST Filing System are mentioned below to get you away from the doubts related to this new tax compliance system:
1. How to prepare GST ANX-1 in the downloaded file?
Ans: The Form GST ANX-1 is available online along with mortar Utility.
Assessees can easily prepare Form GST ANX-1 using mortar utility. Mortar Utility is required to prepare:
- Details related to outward supplies (sales).
- Details related to Imports
- Finally, the Internal supplies (purchases) that pull in GST on reverse charge premise.
- Form GST ANX-1 needs to be filed offline which will further be uploaded on the GST Portal as a JSON file.
2. What information is required in form GST ANX-1?
Ans: Below-mentioned details have to be filed while preparing GST ANX-1 form:
• Goods rendered to unregistered persons (URD) or consumers (B2C transactions).
• Supplies extended to persons or businesses registered under GST (B2B transactions).
• Exports with or without IGST payment
• Supplies extended to SEZ with or without IGST payment
• Deemed exports
• Purchases attracting GST on reverse charge (RCM)
• Import of goods and services (IMPG, IMPS)
• Receiving goods from SEZ units or developers (IMPG SEZ)
• Supplies made with the help of B2B site
The taxpayer needs to mention all the above details in form GST ANX-1 using the offline tool.
3. Is there a way to launch Form GST ANX-1 without logging to the main portal?
Ans: No, there is no way to do so. Assessee first needs to log in to the GST Portal then transfer the prepared JSON file (containing Form GST ANX-1) to the portal from Mortar Utility.
4. What is the process of filing a NIL GST ANX-1?
Ans: While preparing a Nil GST ANX-1, assessee needs to fill in details in every single grid of the tables and finally save the file in JSON format of the GST ANX-1 return using offline utility. In such cases, it is recommended to enter 0 sums in the tables.
To be Noted: Incomplete GST ANX-1 return cannot be transferred from the offline utility. One needs to fill in all the tables of the form.
5. Is it possible to amend Form GST ANX-1?
Ans: Details filed in Form GST ANX-1 can easily be amended. For making changes in Form GST ANX-1, the taxpayer needs to:
The information needs to be exported from the utility to an excel file.
After modifying the details in the excel file, you need to transfer the same to the offline utility.
Presently you can transfer the GST ANX-1.
GST ANX-1 will automatically get modified once the latest edited details get uploaded. The current information will replace the details that existed in the previous transfer.
6. How to erase the complete data from all GST ANX-1 tables?
Ans: You can completely remove the information from every grid of the tables by just clicking on “REMOVE DATA IN ALL TABLES”.
7. What are the various status of Form processing shown while you upload GST ANX-1?
Ans: The status of Form visible while you upload GST ANX-1:
• Processing: Approval is pending for the Records in the uploaded return.
• Processed effectively: Approval is granted for all the details in the uploaded return.
• Unable to process the return: Confirmation related to the details of the entire FORM GST ANX-1 has failed.
This is possible when the uploaded return is in invalid file arrangement or the details are mismatched between taxpayer profile in the offline device and that on the GST portal.
Modifications can be done in the Offline profile and then re-transfer the return to the portal.
• Processed with error: The status is shown when some details in uploaded return are successfully confirmed while some have errors. In such a scenario, one can download the error file by clicking on “Download error report” button and rectify the errors.
Tax compliance is far easy with the help of the new GST return filing system provided that the assessee is well-aware its general standards and complete filing procedure.