How Work Gets Done: Business Process Management, Basics and Beyond
Rediscover how your organization works and where it can be improved by using simple, yet powerful techniques!
How Work Gets Done will provide the business or IT professional with a practical working knowledge of Business Process Management (BPM). This book is written in a conversational style that encourages you to read it from start to finish and master these objectives:
- Learn how to identify the goals and drivers important to your organization and how to align these with key performance measures
- Understand how business strategies, business policies, and operational procedures need to be connected within a Business Process Architecture
- Know the basic building blocks of any business process – Inputs, Outputs, Guides, and Enablers
- Learn how to create a BPM Center of Excellence in your organization
- Acquire the skills to establish a BPM methodology addressing Enterprise-level, Process-Level, and Implementation-Level priorities
- Learn how to build a Process Competency Framework encompassing all BPM stakeholders
- Obtain the knowledge to improve a process step-by-step with easy to use techniques and templates such as swimlanes and flowcharts
How Work Gets Done is a clear, concise, and well-navigated journey into the world of Business Processes and Business Process Management. From a practical introduction through advanced topics around methodology and competencies, it is suitable for business process newcomers and seasoned practitioners alike.
Eugene Fucetola, Operations Manager, Mars Information Services
Artie Mahal has done something that was thought to be impossible – produce an easily readable book about business process management. He paints pictures with words, offers many easy-to-grasp analogies, and stimulates with simplifying charts of complex concepts.
Leon Fraser, Rutgers Business School