How to Keep Idea-to-Product Process Effective
Blog: Comindware Blog
As your business grows, you welcome new ways of revenue generation, from better customer order management and up-selling to welcoming new marketing channels and penetrating new markets. COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on customer behavior and demand are forcing businesses to pay much more attention to new market opportunities. And it becomes even more important to make sure that your team is able to transform ideas into revenue-generating offerings quickly.
So, the Idea to Product process becomes one of the most complex and business critical processes in any company rivaled only by Lead to Cash. It covers product management, marketing, sales, engineering, support & maintenance, finance and legal departments and involves numerous interactions within working groups and close team collaboration on every step of the product development process from the idea origination to the first sale.
The whole idea-to-product process includes among other:
- Idea capture and iterative discussions
- Project management including resource and cost estimates
- Process management for approvals and overall workflow
- Collaboration across multiple departments for product launch campaigns
Common challenges companies face on their way from idea to sales ready product:
- Discussions done in multiple systems (e-mails, Skype, etc.) – difficulties tracking context
- Project and process management done in dis-integrated applications – difficulties tracking progress
- Inability to see resource and time spend real-time and make necessary changes
Idea-to-Product Management Solution
Idea to product solution based on Comindware Tracker provides centralized project, process, data and resource management for handling any activities related to product development process starting from idea origination to customer delivery.
It supports all steps of the product design and product development process and significantly enhances team productivity through bringing together all information, documents and communications in a unified digital workspace.
Key benefits of the solution:
- Fully trackable, traceable and actionable discussions
- Projects, processes and tasks in a single systems
- Enhanced collaboration and facilitated knowledge sharing
Workflow-based idea-to-product solution by Comindware can grow with your business as your needs change. Start from automating the single workflow, then easily adjust and optimize the process and succeed with it, and scale your service management success to the entire company via automation of partner and supply chain management and other business functions.