How do brands up their reputation during a pandemic?
Blog: NASSCOM Official Blog
The ongoing pandemic has not only accelerated the digitization and technological advancements but has also changed the outlook of the world. Across age groups, it has transformed the consumers to socially conscious consumers. Today’s customers aren’t enticed by fancy marketing gimmicks, freebies and celebrity brand ambassadors but look for purpose and credibility of a brand. They value Brands that act responsibly towards environmental, societal, and economic progress.
This transitioning has led to marketing strategies aligned to brand’s purpose than pure-play product selling.
Some of these strategies for Brand Reputation during Pandemic encompass: –
1) Brand’s Purpose – This is the focal point for the success of a brand in the current COVID era. Consumers value brands with a well-defined purpose aligned to the society, mankind and environment. For Millennials, brand loyalty would depend on a brand’s purpose. As per Deloitte’s survey, 88% of millennials are likely to stick to a purpose-driven company for five years provided they are satisfied with the company’s mission.
Also, in the current pandemic, customers value companies that are committed to safety, hygiene and health of their customers than the profit numbers.
According to Edelman’s latest “Trust Barometer,” consumers are considering and following brands contributing to combat the coronavirus. 70% of the respondents expect brands to strategize their policies to protect their employees.
2) Human Touch – The pandemic has creeped in uncertainty and anxiety across the world. Brands with human touch can develop and nurture long lasting relationships with their consumers. People are looking for brands with empathy in these tough times.
3) Engagement, Online Reputation and Brand Mentions – In today’s time, it’s really crucial for Brands to stay connected with their consumers through social media, a powerful platform to communicate and engage with the target audience. It also helps to understand and apprehend the customer’s pulse and feel.
Social listening strategy and tools enable brands to communicate effectively and promptly with their target audience.
Also tracking all brand mentions and reviews will not only help is gaining customer insights but also in building brand credibility.
4) Crisis Communication – It’s really crucial to stay connected with your customers during crisis by establishing an official communication channel responding promptly to all their queries and establishing support mechanisms in all possible ways. This will help in building long lasting relationships with customers even in post- pandemic era.
5) Valuing employees and customers – Brands should support their employees during these tough times as they are their biggest brand ambassadors. Extending all possible help and support to one’s employees, also speaks volumes about a brand’s values.
Hence, Transparency, honesty and commitment with a purpose is the key to build ‘’Brand Reputation’’ and navigate through tough times building long lasting relationships with customers.
By Ms. Shilpa Bhatia, Director – Marketing & Sales, SRV Media Pvt. Ltd.
The post How do brands up their reputation during a pandemic? appeared first on NASSCOM Community |The Official Community of Indian IT Industry.