Gartner’s Hype Cycle for Supply Chain Execution Technologies
Blog: Appian Insight
“Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, logistics organizations were under growing pressure to be able to continuously and rapidly adapt to changes in a highly volatile and chaotic world where operating complexities are expanding exponentially. Many companies were struggling to adapt to the new realities, but COVID-19 was the spark that lit the fire that is driving companies to move quickly, and investment in technology is a core way they intend to respond.” – Gartner
It is now crucial to implement technology that promotes resiliency and drives impact across supply chain operations. However, it can be difficult to parse through the range of available technologies and determine the most beneficial one for your organization.
Gartner’s 2020 Hype Cycle for Supply Chain Execution Technologies report provides clarity. It recommends technologies used across supply chain orchestration and their potential operational impact.
Appian for Supply Chain
While the report dives into many transformational technologies, here are some of the trends that are driving impact and where, we believe, Appian’s low-code automation platform can provide additional value across operations:
- Warehouse execution systems*: The demand for increased, lower cost throughput is driving the need for high-velocity automation. Companies need these systems to support increased volume and velocity. Appian’s automation capabilities help improve warehouse operations’ transparency and productivity. Leveraging RPA increases efficiency and accuracy for manual tasks such as order processing, inventory tracking, fulfillment, and shipping.
- Global logistics and transportation visibility*: Customers demand more real-time visibility for orders and shipments. Logistics and transportation visibility solutions enhance production, transportation, suppliers, and customer connectivity. Appian streamlines logistics and transportation management with the unified interfaces and data-driven processes successful shipment lifecycles require.
- IoT-enabled applications*: Most business applications today are not yet IoT-enabled. Organizations need loT integrated solutions to keep pace with innovation. With easy integrations and updates as well as unparalleled mobile and web parity, Appian’s low-code platform is future proof.
- Last-mile delivery solutions*: These solutions provide real-time communication between the routing applications and drivers to provide accurate tracking and assist with any actions needed during delivery. Appian’s mobile-enabled platform can help with real-time updates and enhanced tracking for deliveries.
- Returns management*: Returns management solutions can help manage the end-to-end returns process, accelerating operations and ultimately improving the customer experience. With Appian, automate and centralize processes to improve returns management, while powering collaboration and visibility across all transaction participants.