Feedback to Niti Aayog on Responsible AI
Blog: NASSCOM Official Blog
Niti Aayog released a working document titled Towards Responsible #AIforAll for public comments on 21 July 2020. The document analyses the impact of AI on individuals and society and arrives at the following principles that will act as guardrails to guide the growth of the sector.
- Principle of Safety and Reliability
- Principle of Equality
- Principle of Inclusivity and Non-discrimination
- Principle of Privacy and security
- Principle of Transparency
- Principle of Accountability
- Principle of protection and reinforcement of positive human values
NASSCOM welcomes the initiative and notes the following.
- The working document serves as a significant statement of intent acknowledging the need to ensure that any conception of Responsible AI must fulfill constitutional responsibilities that must be incorporated through workable principles.
- In recent years, many institutions and technology companies have framed their own principles for Responsible AI. While there are many common elements, there are some variations too. In this context, a framework on Responsible AI from the Government is a welcome step and could help bring cohesion on the subject.
- The document also brings in focus the need for an enforcement mechanism. This should lead to further discussions on the need and manner of regulation of AI.
A detailed feedback, based on inputs received from the members and consultation with experts, was submitted to the Niti Aayog on 28 August 2020. The feedback is attached.
The post Feedback to Niti Aayog on Responsible AI appeared first on NASSCOM Community |The Official Community of Indian IT Industry.