DELMIA User Communities: Expertise and Know-How at Your Fingertips
Blog: Apriso Blog
The most natural part of life is finding like-minded people to connect with. As a result, we develop communities to feed that desire––to feel like we’re a part of something greater than ourselves, in an environment built on trust and similar interests, and to reach collective goals. Now, with an abundance of online communities, we can not only add value to our personal lives but also enrich the way we work.
Workplace communities provide a space for the growth and retention of institutional knowledge, and a direct path to access the information you need––bolstered by the knowledge, expertise and real-life experiences of its members. Be it physical or virtual, workplace communities can act as breeding grounds for new ideas and new ways of problem solving through technical discussions and the exchange of information and best practices.
Coming from a technology company, I understand the immense value of having such communities to support the various industry verticals and customers we reach around the world. They help our customers connect and engage online with leading experts and peers from across multiple disciplines and industry expertise. What’s more, our Communities are also a helpful resource for us in understanding and learning more about what our customers truly need.
DELMIA’s eight different online User Communities welcome customers, partners, academics as well as anyone interested in DELMIA solutions. The DELMIA User Communities include:
- DELMIA Global Operations Community – a public community and a great starting point for all things DELMIA. Here, you will find the latest DELMIA news, events, webinars, customer stories and product updates as well as the value you can get from participating in our additional User Community discussions.
- DELMIA Virtual Factory & Robotics Community – discover a number of interactive ways for robot programmers and simulation engineers to share and learn with others in the world of Virtual Factory & Robotics. This Community is dedicated to professionals involved with industrial robotics and automation in various segments of the industry, including technologists, academicians, end users, OEMs and system integrators.
- DELMIA Process Engineering Community – this Community covers all aspects of the collaborative design and manufacturing planning process. Whether you’re a senior process planner, industrial engineer, product designer, program leader, student, professor or just interested in this domain, you’ll find this Community a unique and common source of information on manufacturing planning.
- DELMIA Fabrication Community – the place for users of DELMIA Machining and Additive Manufacturing on the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform to connect, learn, share, explore and search for answers in the 3DEXPERIENCE Fabrication domain. Discover how to get the most out of this solution that enhances both programmer and machine productivity by providing a single, integrated software environment for the design and simulation of machining processes.
- DELMIA Ergonomics Community – a valuable content hub for owners of the Ergonomic Workplace Design role, which helps manufacturing engineers make key decisions to create safe and efficient workplaces. Here, you can engage with your questions, requests and share your experiences (tips and tricks, lessons learned, ergonomics findings and more) while using Ergonomic Workplace Design.
- DELMIA Collaborative Lean Operations Community – dedicated to DELMIA 3DLean and the Collaborative Operations discipline, you can access information, content, and updates on 3DLean and lean manufacturing. Share your questions and comments and join discussions around how to empower teams to find new ways to innovate through lean collaboration.
- DELMIA Planning & Optimization Community – bringing together customers and colleagues interested in planning and optimization, the Community provides an information exchange platform for anyone who uses DELMIA Quintiq and DELMIA Ortems. Ask questions, share best practices and expertise on topics, including supply chain planning and optimization, scheduling and optimization for complex business processes within manufacturing, logistics, transit and workforce operations––across all planning horizons.
- DELMIA Manufacturing Operations Management Community – interact with other members to share knowledge, answer questions and find information to get the most from your manufacturing operations management (MOM) solution. Gain access to DELMIA Apriso experts and engage in discussions ranging from product announcements and updates to technical discussions and the sharing of best practices.
Via the Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, our members gain unfettered access to as many of these Communities as they like. Depending on your current and future use of DELMIA, I encourage you to join the Communities you will find most useful for your business or interests to really focus on key topics and exchange tips, ideas, and thoughts on those subjects.
All communities are public, except for DELMIA Process Engineering and Planning & Optimization. Access will be provided following a membership request. Your 3DEXPERIENCE ID gets you access to all of the DELMIA communities. Sign in or create your ID here.
I hope you take the time to jump in and engage with us.
DELMIA Advocacy Marketing Director