Customer Experience trends in Digital transformations
Blog: Capgemini CTO Blog
Customer Journeys are expanding from traditional multi-channel touch and feel interfaces in the quest for new experiences. We see simplification of interfaces and the complexity of experience coexisting. Fundamentally we see experience innovation happening in three fronts for digital customer experience transformations.
- Continue enhancing the touchpoints to create a better micro experiences for the brand
- Enhancing brand affinity by integrating the context of the user to the experience
- Establish a larger connect with customer with a stronger support model with brand
Brands are strategizing to always connect to customer across the contexts. This is to anticipate the demands of the users and engage them quickly at any point of interest. Conversations become a critical lever and we see experiences embedding context aware conversations more and more.
Emotions become the epicenter of personalization. The reality is that brand affinity can vary at every points of engagement. The understanding of emotion and adapting to emotion becomes the foundation for adaptive experiences. Personalization grows beyond knowing a customer. Personalization becomes understanding the mental model of the customer and adapting to the same.
Trust to the brand is enhanced beyond the core support models. Trust is also about integrating elements of consistency across the channels, across any touch points that connect to the businesses. A consistent any channel experience is becoming a critical consideration for success stories.
There is a significant challenge on customer engagement platforms to realize these experience expectations. To align to these necessities, customer engagement platforms (or even can be called Customer experience[CX] platforms) should enable continuous engagement by connecting, learning and adapting to customer. The content and the holistic workflow over these platforms need to converge to this necessity for customer experience. The power of cognitive computing and artificial intelligence is enabling fire power to customer engagement platforms. CX platforms gets more flexibility to connect experience, touch-points, data, intelligence, systems of records to create a single holistic actionable view for customer.
The key CX Platforms creating the maximum customer impact are
- Digital commerce realizing B2C/B2B commerce
- Customer management enabling sales and service engagements
- Content and Marketing management that enables contents to reach the right audience sets
- Smart processes provided by business process management(BPM) and robotic process automations(RPAs)
A CX transformation will involve one or many of the above via a digital integration strategy to realize a singular view of customer. The following sections cover how the CX platforms are shaping up for the next generation experiences.
Digital commerce platforms tend to enrich their core capabilities in B2C & B2B capabilities. A large focus is on being modular and to be integrated with multiple systems. This provide services capability for the platform that enable powerful CX implementation. Cognitive or artificial intelligence platforms provide digital intelligence to CX platforms to enrich interactions and empower data to make personalized recommendations.
Some of the key CX expectations for Digital commerce platforms are
- Simplified and engaging experience
- Predictive search, merchandizing and recommendations
- Integrated commerce by channel integration (social, online, in store) and capability integration (CRM, Service, Marketing & Contents)
- B2B experiences in Quote to Cash capabilities almost like B2C
- Flexibility to create advanced custom experiences with headless and micro-services based channels
- Ability to tailor to a sector by modular approaches
Customer management platforms enrich their focus on service workflows. The ability to get self-service extended to businesses enable an effective friction-less connect to customers becomes the key recipe for success. The sales workflows enable more analytics and predictions for accelerating the sales, the focus on B2B sales acceleration tend to realize a vision of global market place.
Some of the key CX expectations for Customer management platforms are
- Customer self-service experiences knowing the customer context for B2C and B2B scenarios
- Prescriptive advices for lead management
- Cognitive approaches for augmenting sales processes
- Preventive & Predictive Service Support systems
- Journey analytics for optimal touchpoint selection
Content and Marketing management platforms take personalization as the central theme. Content, offers, experiences, self-service etc are aligned for personalization with a marketing data warehousing strategy that allows omni-channel visibility and analytics.
Some of the key CX expectations for content and marketing management platforms are
- XD principles based impactful micro experiences
- Digital intelligence driven personalization
- Empower B2C/B2B selfservice with more catalogue capabilities
- Decoupled rendering with headless and template approaches
Smart processes create experience delight by bringing the process agility for customer touch point rich workflows. The ability to collaborate with multiple systems and provide a rapid modeling yet no compromise on experience become the main stream strategy for business process management systems.
Some of the key CX expectations for smart process systems are
- Enable more collaborative workflows on the move
- Engage with customers with more conversational processes
- Learning, sensing and recommending become a critical part of augmenting humans
- Low code, rapid processes with no compromise on experience
Analyzing the expectations on CX platforms lead us to key focus themes for CX Transformation
- Use case journeys undergo continuous refresh providing simplified experiences
- Cognitive experience in natural interactions as well as automations boost CX in multiple dimensions
- CX responsibility gets delegated to a portal tier by wide adoption of decoupled rendering , headless architectures and micro services
- Use cases get enriched by collaboration and integration of multiple platforms ( CRM, marketing, commerce, content, marketing etc)
Customer experience transformation is an intersection of multiple elements coming together and working together in a cohesive way. While multiple platforms enrich their capability in being best of breed in their segment, a careful customer engagement platform [CX Platform] strategy to bind all the digital themes together is essential for the success of the transformation programs.