Connect Stream using OCI Streaming adapter in Oracle Integration by Ankur Jain
Blog: PaaS Community
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Streaming Service provides a fully managed, scalable, and durable storage solution for using continuous, high-volume streams of data that you can consume and process in real-time.
There are various use-cases for which Streaming services can be used:
- Application logs
- Operation telemetry
- Web click-stream data
- Other use cases in which data is produced and processed continually and sequentialy in a publish-subscribe messaing model.
OCI Streaming adapter and its capabilities
Oracle Integration offers Out of The Box Streaming adapter which can be used to connect to public or private Stream pools and provides the capabilities such as:
- Establishes a connection to the OCI Streaming Service to enable messages to be published and consumed.
- Consumes messages from a specific partition and produces messages to a specific partition.
- Allows to consume records from the latest or from the beginning.
- Allows to consume records based on the offset.
- It also supports headers.
- It can be used as a Trigger to consume message from Streaming service based on specified frequency. But for this, a connectivity agent is required.
- It supports Avro, JSON, XML based schema. Read the complete article here.
For regular information on Oracle PaaS become a member in the PaaS (Integration & Process) Partner Community please register here.