Axiom EPM Acquired by Kaufman Hall
Another acquisition in the performance management space, but this one doesn’t lead to consolidation. Kaufman Hall, a management consulting company focused primarily on financial performance management in healthcare organizations, has acquired Axiom EPM, a leading performance management software provider. We think overall this a net positive for Axiom EPM, its customers, employees, and performance management prospects.
– Bigger company
– Deeper financial backing
– Synergies with performance management consulting practice
– Clear leader in healthcare
– Loss of key talent: some founders will be leaving, but most of the current management team will remain in place.
– Loss of focus on non-healthcare business: management assures us this is definitely not the case. As a matter of fact, they believe things will go the other way – this acquisition will enable Kaufman Hall to expand its focus beyond healthcare.
As with all acquisitions, only time will tell how it all works out. Based on what we know today our advice:
– For current Axiom customers: sit tight, with Axiom EPM’s reputation for outstanding customer satisfaction we don’t think they are going to change now and start neglecting their customers. In addition, unlike many other performance management acquisitions, the purchaser (Kaufman Hall) does not own any similar software that they would want to migrate Axiom customers to. So, we expect that the product will continue to be supported and enhanced.
– For Axiom prospects: proceed with your evaluation. The company is now bigger and stronger than in the past, with the same software, and most of the same team. While we believe this makes Axiom a stronger option for all companies, the biggest upside right now is clearly for healthcare organizations who should move Axiom to the top of their list of vendors to consider.
Axiom EPM will become a wholly owned subsidiary and be known as Axiom EPM, a Kaufman Hall company.