Automating SharePoint Interactions using Kofax TotalAgility 6.0
The example below demonstrates how straight forward it is to upload a document automatically into SharePoint online using a process executed in Kofax TotalAgility 6.0.
This is a simple example which only touches the surface of the product capability.
With on-premise implementations of SharePoint the capabilities increase significantly allowing us to easily develop processes to automate:
· Checking documents in and out of libraries and marking these as electronic records.
· Storing meta data associated with documents,
· Creating new SharePoint sites,
· Creating new folders in existing document libraries,
· Adding calendar entries, notifications, announcements and modifying any SharePoint list,
· Moving existing items to new locations and
· Deleting content.
TotalAgility can also monitor document libraries within SharePoint on-premise sites to react to content changes. For instance, if a member of staff was to upload a new document into the library we are monitoring this can automatically:
· Launch a new case or process in TotalAgility driven by the meta-data stored with the document in SharePoint,
· Trigger events in TotalAgility which will impact existing processes or
· Modify the state of an existing process which can affect reports and prioritisation.
These features require zero code and little time to implement.
This capability can transform the handoff process between departments as once controlled by TotalAgility the hand-offs become predictable, controllable and transparent. This is a simple and easy to achieve first step to increasing process automation with SharePoint and Kofax TotalAgility.
Lithe IT Ltd is a Kofax Gold Partner and experts in implementing Kofax TotalAgility