Additional new content PaaS Partner Community
· How a CTO Finds Flow – Groundbreaker Ambassador Luis Weir’s productivity tips.
· Why Enterprise Developers Need to Understand Blockchain in 2019 | Mark Rakhmilevich
· The Best Way to Install Cloud-Based Applications What’s the best way to move to the cloud, Big Bang or slow and steady? The short answer: It depends on your company’s culture and sense of urgency. TCF Bank, for example, took a two-phase approach to cloud supply chain applications, because of all the change management required to make the shift. Meanwhile, a desire to speed up a transformation encouraged Adventist Health to take an all-at-once approach. Even Big Bang advocates advise caution.
· Smart Cities Improve Resident Experience, Monetize Digital Services In a recent Oracle research report, executives said they expect smart cities to be the top opportunity for 5G-enabled digital services. As cities worldwide deploy a range of digital services in their quest to become “smart,” they need to be able to offer flexible pricing models—and ultimately generate profitable revenues. What services could deploy these models?
· The Driverless Car: Closer Than You Think Depending on how much you like to drive—and on your definition of autonomous—the driverless car is either an imminent usurper or a long-term disruptor. Either way, it’s inevitable. All of the big automakers are investing in the technology, and macrotrends such as “transportation as a service” and “smart cities” already factor in autonomous vehicle technology. The last mile will disrupt more than the auto industry.
· When Seconds Count: A UK Police Department Transforms A police force needs to put officers with the right skills on the right assignments. Two years ago, it took the UK’s West Midlands Police about 11 hours to pull together up-to-date information on each officer’s work schedule, skills, medical restrictions, recent time off, and contact details. Today it can access that critical data in two minutes through an Oracle Service Cloud portal. Here’s more on why the force moved to the cloud
For regular information on Oracle PaaS become a member in the PaaS (Integration & Process) Partner Community please register here.