5 Ways to Crush Your Digital Transformation Goals
Blog: Appian Insight
With the constant acceleration of expectations, it almost doesn’t matter what line of business you are in, really. All organizations will face growing pressure to operate at DIGITAL SPEED. To come out on top in this fast-moving environment… to distinguish yourself from the rest of the pack, means taking your app development game to another dimension…the dimension of low-code digital transformation.
If you choose not to do this, it’s no big deal…You’ll just get left behind by companies that do.
Low-code development is a way to build apps more quickly by reducing the need to code. And, low-code development platforms make it possible. In fact, according to Forrester Research, low-code development platforms “…enable rapid application delivery with minimal hand-coding, and quick setup and deployment.”
Over the years, low-code development has evolved to take advantage of visual design tools—like drag-and-drop modelers and point-and-click interface creation—to enable the rapid creation, launch, use and change of powerful business apps.
But why did low-code come about?
In a word, mobile… The explosion of mobile, and the resulting change in consumer and (even) employee expectations. The shear demand for digital services is growing faster than ever, and it does not appear to be slowing anytime soon.
And considering the hundreds, if not thousands of disjointed processes, systems, apps, solutions, etc. at any given organization, it’s not surprising that even brands considered to be leaders struggle to keep pace with the constant acceleration of expectations.
So, how do you get ahead of the new digital expectations?
And how can you possibly stay there, with the constant acceleration of change?
In a word, SPEED. Which is where low-code powered digital transformation comes into the picture.
Here are 5 ways to crush your digital transformation goals, with a low-code platform:
- Low-code platforms enable rapid delivery of business applications with minimal hand-coding and upfront investment in setup, training, and deployment. Unlike traditional platforms, low-code platforms rely on visual development tools instead of programming languages. This enables low-code platforms to deliver applications faster than traditional platforms
- Low-code platforms can be used for everything from small, simple applications to complex, enterprise-scale applications. Relatively simple applications can be created without writing code. Others may require some programming for integrations with source systems or applications, custom algorithms, or delivery of special functionality not found within the platform. In these cases, you can use programming extensions and scripting found within the low-code environment
- With traditional platforms, coding new applications can be labor intensive. And changing custom-built applications with thousands of lines of code can be a nightmare. Compared with hand-coding, low code’s ability to visually configure applications significantly speeds application delivery
- Low-code platforms improve agility for application development. They allow developers to quickly build prototypes or minimally viable products to validate requirements and test ideas before investing time to fully build out application functionality. This reduces overall development time, ensures scarce developer resources are not wasted, and enables digital innovation through cost effective experimentation
- Because low-code platforms are so user-friendly, you can use nontraditional developer resources to manage them. Low-code platforms also allow organizations to harness the power of citizen developers and business experts to build and deploy applications. Which makes it that much easier to align your IT and business priorities
PS: Now that you know what it takes to operate at digital speed, check out our new Low-Code Basics Guide. And learn everything you need to succeed in your low-code development journey.